HoER Doomsayer Wizard Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoER Doomsayer Wizard Edge

I asked in the rules forum didn't see answer yet figure i'd ask here to.

In the HoE Reloaded Errata it states they can take modified requirement Wizard edge by switching spellcasting for faith but all the other requirements appear to be more spellcasting based and not faith based. Was this a mistake or intended? I would think Smarts should change to Spirit, Kowledge (arcana) to Knowledge (Occult?), Spellcasting to Faith.

Intended, only the Spellcasting and Arcane Background (magic) requirements are altered.
    The other Traits are unaffected - you still have to have a certain level of intellectual ability (Smarts) and training in magical theory (K (Arcana)) to learn the Wizard technique.
    K (Occult) is about knowing myths, monsters, and "common sense" magical effects; K (Arcana) is for knowing magical formulas, magical behaviors, the theory of magic, how to apply that knowledge when casting spells, and some additional stuff. While many Occult checks could alternatively be done with Arcana, the primary benefit of the skill is allowing the doomie to take (and use) the Wizard edge.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks for reply!

Comment

Working...
      X