Last Parsec vs. Sci-Fi Companion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Parsec vs. Sci-Fi Companion

Just a couple quick questions: Other than fluff, adventure seeds and setting material, is there anything in any of The Last Parsec books that would be useful to a sci-fi campaign that isn't already in the Sci-Fi Companion? Is there anything that The Last Parsec does differently than the Sci-Fi Companion? Are there sci-fi mechanics exclusive to The Last Parsec? I'm talking strictly mechanics and rules here.
    "Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever." - Unkempt Harold

New Gear: TLP introduces a few new genre-universal concepts, like high-tech handcuffs, electronic lockpicks (for electronic locks), energy cages, gravity traps/mines, synthetic rope, and vital transmitter implants.
    New Modifications: Starships can use upgraded FTL drives and install self-destruct mechanisms. Vehicles can now be given legs in lieu of wheels or tracks.

There are also setting rules for a slightly different, more detailed hyperspace mechanic, as well as rules for "jumping blind" and the dangers that can entail.
    Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Comment

• Augusto Antunes
      Augusto Antunes commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, good sir! It's just that a translated version of The Last Parsec is going to get a kickstarter soon in my country and I've been thinking whether or not to invest in it. I'll admit that the setting fluff didn't really "grab me" at all, so I wanted to know if there was anything interesting in it mechanically that would make it worthwhile to me, since I already have the Sci-Fi Companion. I couldn't find any info on that anywhere on the web. I'm still on the fence, to be honest. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan. The only sci-fi settings I see myself running or playing in would be some Star Wars adaptation or something in the vein of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Working...
X