Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Savage Setting would you want to see updated to SWADE next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderland No More, from Triple Ace Games
    Kerberos Club from Arc Dream
    'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

Another voice for Deadlands: Hell on Earth, Noir, and Dark Ages.
      Like what you have read in someone's post? Hit that like button and let everyone know.

I run Deadlands Reloaded. One of my players writes an incharacter blog here --> http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blog...deadlands.html

Comment

Necessary Evil and my personal favorite Broken Earth

Comment

I'd love to see an updated Last Parsec, Deadlands: Dark Ages, and Pirates of the Spanish Main/50 Fathoms reworked as Deadlands: Stranger Tides or something.

Comment

• Deskepticon
            Deskepticon commented
            Editing a comment
            Deadlands: The Weird Waves

Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump* Weird wars *Thump thump*. It's currently the one setting that has me thinking SW instead of another system, both because i love the setting and because it's a setting with a theme and narrative feel that SW does well.

Comment

Lankhmar, but I don't think it's going to happen.
            “Self-discipline isn't everything; look at Pol Pot.”
            —Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

Comment

Hell on Earth!

Comment

My first choice is Last Parsec, I'm only running my third Savage Worlds campaign and so far this is my favorite setting.
                Even though I haven't run them yet Lankhmar and Deadlands Noir are high on my list to run and would love to see those updated.
                I'm currently running East Texas University and am enjoying it so seeing it updated would be nice.

Comment

While I know it would be a massive coordination effort but I wish the crowd funding campaigns included a setting along with it. So I wish supers would have included Necessary Evil 3. Fantasy could have included 50 Fathoms or Evernight , Horror could include Rippers and SciFi could include Last Parsec.

Salcor

Comment

Lankhmar and Last Parsec get my vote.

Comment

I'd love an updated Weird Wars book. By preference Weird War 2, Rome or something modern.

Comment

1. Last Parsec
                        2. Slipstream
                        3. Red Sands/Space 1889/Anything else steampunk in nature

Comment

Originally posted by operations View Post
                          Honestly, I'd like to see some new IP now that they got their flagship (Deadlands) and Special Guest License (RIFTS) updated.

Like, we love the old settings, but a lot of them would not be that much work to convert ourselves with the tools given.

Let the PegInc team wow us with the new stuff they make to use the full power of this fully functional SWADE!
                          They have Holler coming out, which I believe is an original IP. Personally, I'd love to see them do something along the lines of Crimson Skies or Battletech. Given SW was born out of a more tactical wargame, it would make sense.

Comment

• SteeleViper
                            SteeleViper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Agree 100% on Crimson Skies and/or Battletech.

Our group is looking at integrating some of those 3rd party Battletech rules made back in 2012 [Google "Savage Battletech Rules - Revision 12.pdf"] into an updated SWADE version.

One thing I would like with regards to Battletech edges would be some of the edges based on 'Mech weight class [i.e. "Maneuverability, Light Mech", "Maneuverability, Medium Mech",...] so that a PC/NPC has a reason to stay with a certain 'Mech/'Mech Weight-class and not just "rush" to get to heavier 'Mech classes.

Pirates of the Spanish Main, mainly because I'm currently preparing a campaign using those rules. Though just a conversion guide like many other settings got would already be handy.

Deadlands Noir would also be cool, though only if it stays true to the original setting.

Comment

I've seen mention PEG no longer has license to PotSM, but no idea if accurate (seems odd given its historical nature).

As for ETU, besides the strictly edition rules based changes, a Adventure Edition update would need to also update "Weapon Permits" on page 19 to reflect the passage of H.B. No. 1927, the prior repeal of various gun free zones listed (including schools!), and (potentially) anything that results from Andrews v. McCraw. Might also want to squeeze in blade laws (open carry swords), and that any character on a Student Visa needs a hunting license to possess a firearm. The rules for vehicles on page 23 should allow a non-poor character to select a bike (maybe squeeze in e-bikes), since the option is, bizarrely, only given to poor characters.
                            Last edited by Vladson; 12-02-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
                              ValhallaGH commented
                              Editing a comment
                              PotSM is a TTRPG based upon a WizKids brand, under license. Which is why licensing is important.
                          Working...
                          X