Weird Wars 2 editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Wars 2 editions

I just received a copy of Weird Wars 2 off Amazon. I have wanted this setting for a long time and finally bit the bullet. I had seen a product review where his books were digest-sized and came as multiple books. This copy I have is from 2009. The paper smells like the Solomon Kane books. Both are from the same year, so that makes sense. I'm going to have to dig up the other copy for comparison.
    Does anyone here have the older edition? I would appreciate any thought regarding the different editions that are floating around.

(ok weird/fun fact, I can't see or hear very well, but I have a canine-like sense of smell. I notice really strange things like the scent on the print and paper of different RPG books, or a woman when she's having her seasons. I'm forever wandering into different textures of scents. Subconsciously categorizing them as I go. It's uncanny).

I may be mistaken on how many editions exist of SW, WW2. There is an unboxing video on YouTube. https://youtu.be/Vrr_GkLGhp4 I think it looks like a kick-starter box. What the @%&# is that 2nd book?! The books are not in English so I can't tell what the book says. I'm giving away a lifetime of Likes on your Topic postings here to the person that can tell me what that 2nd book is.

Comment

For Savage Worlds, there is only one edition of WWII (https://peginc.com/store/weird-war-ii/). It had a couple of print runs, including different covers, but other than some errata the contents are all the same.
      When you include translated printings, with their different covers, things get increasingly confusing.

That second book is just the Brazilian version of the core rules.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks for jumping in on this one VH. Perhaps you can comment or help me figure out what Shane is talking about in the Editors note of my copy. On p 5 of my WW2 core rulebook, Mr. Hensley says the book is a re-envisioning of the Original Weird Wars: Weird Wars 2 created in 2000." He goes on to compare the two versions saying the 1st version has a much deeper backstory told over seven books covering each theater as well as the air war. And says that book is not the same as the original,

Help me Oggy-ben-doggie, you're my only hope!

Comment

WW2 started off as a d20 game, under the OGL.
          The d20 version was a lot more overtly supernatural. It was, apparently, fairly successful and many of the folks that picked up the Savage version would have been fans of the original d20 version. The six supporting books* are still for sale under the WW2 product tag (here).

*Those six are:
          Horrors of (monster book)
          Hell Freezes Over (Russian front)
          Land of the Rising Dead (Pacific front)
          Dead From Above (air combat book)
          Afrika Korpse (north Africa front)
          Hell in the Hedgerows (big adventure / mini-campaign)
          Last edited by ValhallaGH; 09-06-2021, 11:21 PM.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I spend two days on the interwebs looking for what you just sent me. Thanks again VH. (the musician in me loves calling you VH btw)

Comment

You forgot to be a pandemic jerk.

Haha I'm killing today. You guys don't even know.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
                ValhallaGH commented
                Editing a comment
                Not something you should be confessing to on public internet forums.

Ha! I thought the core d20 book was still available. Blood on the Rhine is the seventh, and most central, of the d20 Weird War Two books. I couldn't find it on the PEG store, but DrivethruRPG came through.

Comment

I love DrivethruRPG. There is no one like them. They only have the PDF of Blood on the Rhine right? I wonder why that's the only one not available in a hard copy. I guess they all sold out.

Comment

Working...
                X