Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    PotSM and SK both were written under deals to create a table-top RPG for those properties. PEG made the intelligent move of putting the then-current Savage Worlds rules in as the core of those unique games, augmented with setting rules, gear, and edges for those specific settings. Green Ronin did something similar with their DC Adventures game when they had the DC RPG license.

• redcap57
    replied
    It was a part of certain licensing deals, as Pirates of the Spanish Main also included the SW rules at the time (2007). Pathfinder for Savage Worlds (2021) also includes current SW rules with a few tweaks for the fantasy world setting of Golarion. Notably absent are any rules for guns, for example. They can easily be added from the SWADE book and will probably be included if Pinnacle continues releasing further Paizo materials, since Gunfighters exist as a character class on Golarion.

Leave a comment:

• ack
    replied
    That was the first Savage Worlds book I ever read. I think putting the rules in the book was a good idea in retrospect.

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    The license holders ended PEG's legal ability to do anything Solomon Kane, including sell it. It's not a lack of love, just the end of a contract.

• ack
    replied
    There's so much content. I'm always finding new setting

I just learned that Solomon Kane is no longer supported. Bummer. One of my deadlands players characters, JuJuba, is from Africa. We are planning on going to his backstory for a sidebar type game that will hash out his character. I have been using the SK material. I know it's 16th century, but I want the Africa they visit to be Howard's Africa.

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    ValhallaGH You could add that it's frickin fun as heck to play!

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing to add here.

• Deskepticon
    replied
    That's for the Low Life setting, a far, far future (yet very primitive) setting where players play as mutated "hoomans", cockroaches, interdimensional beings, anthropomorphic snackcakes, or sentient piles of poop.

Holy Crap is a sourcebook on the setting's religions.

Leave a comment:

• ack
    started a topic Holy Crap

Holy Crap

Good morning fellas,

What's Holy Crap? NE1?

The Whole Hole: Holy Crap (MOC100002): Mutha Oith Creations: 9780985659134: Amazon.com: Books
Working...
X