Magic Weapon Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Weapon Stats

Im looking for ideas to stat out the magic weapon (probably a crossbow, maybe a gun) that killed Dracula. Any suggestions or references to books that might be able to help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

These kinds of questions really benefit from additional setting or campaign information. The different setting rules, power levels, and magical assumptions of a setting can have profound effects on the design of relics and artifacts. My own design ideas are heavily influenced by my love of Deadlands and a quick refresher of Rippers Resurrected, but if this was for a Rifts for Savage Worlds campaign then my suggestion would be woefully under powered.

I would probably layer two or three benefits onto the weapon that killed such a legendary figure. Something like:
    • Heart Seeking: Some creatures can only be killed by a shot to the heart. This weapon ignores 2 points of Scale penalty when making a Called Shot. This stacks with the Aim maneuver or Marksman Edge.
    • Blessed: Once used to slay a creature of legendary evil, this weapon is both magical and supernaturally Good, and inflicts +2 damage to all supernaturally evil foes. This stacks with the Champion Edge.
    • Into the Breech: This weapon compels the wielder to stand against unnatural evil. Similar to the Heroic Hindrance, the character is pushed to stand against supernatural evil and try to slay it. This compulsion subtracts 2 from any rolls on the Fear Table.
    It won't make the character better at most combat, but it has a nice spread of benefits for anyone that needs to kill a powerful supernatural villain.

I hope that helped.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. The setting is Rippers Resurrected. I appreciate the direction!

Comment

Working...
      X