Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric
    replied
    I just uploaded two maps for the Bloody Jim episode. One is the lake shoreline and saw mill the other is just pine and scrub in case the party leaves "the map".

A few weeks back I created the bookstore in town.

Anything you want me to create just hit me up. Next I plan to whip up the Bruja's ramshackle shack, as she pops up from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    TokenTool (www.rptools.net) does an excellent job as well. (I use the square, straw border for named ETU NPCs).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jimmy-Buck-Token-ized.png
Views:	149
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	43933

Leave a comment:

• Jim1
    replied
    I do my tokens at http://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/ … pretty easy way to whip up tokens in a hurry. I was just able to whip up this token of good ol' Jimmy Buck from Redneckromancer in two shakes of a Hogzilla's tail.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• strickland5
    replied
    Realized you can open a PDF in GIMP then save it out

now I have to work on NPC tokens ... ugh

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    Ah! I don't use Acrobat so I don't have that option, sadly.

• Eric
    replied
    You don't even need to do a screen shot. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader, click the image, it will look "selected" (grayish transparent layer) and hit the copy button or Ctrl-C.

Paste it into the image processing tool of your choice (mine is Gimp) and save it as the format you prefer (mine is png).

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    P.S. IIRC, Eric has done several projects for ETU, including a campus map. Try hitting him up.

• Deskepticon
    replied
    Assuming you own the PDF, simply take a screenshot of the page with the map on it. Zoom in so it's fullscreen, or use a photo-editing program (or online tool) to clip off any weirdness along the Edges.

If you want a higher resolution photo, you'll want to zoom in on the map in sections and snap several pics, then digitally assemble them in a photo tool.

Leave a comment:

• strickland5
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt View Post
    There are free web sites that convert PDFs to JPG. Also web sites that cut PDFs into one page per file. That's how I do it anyway.
    Thanks! I'll see what I can do

Leave a comment:

• Matt
    replied
    There are free web sites that convert PDFs to JPG. Also web sites that cut PDFs into one page per file. That's how I do it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• strickland5
    started a topic [ETU] Maps as images

[ETU] Maps as images

Hey gang - was curious if anyone knew where I could snag up the various ETU maps as images rather than PDFs.

Due to the current state of well everything, I'm thinking of revisiting ole East Texas University and Pinebox using digital tools and would like to use the various maps in Roll20. I know Roll20 isn't everyone's favorite VTT but it works for my group and I don't wanna have to jump ship if I can help it.

Thanks!
Working...
X