[TFOV] Tyrnador: Fate of Ventar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TFOV] Tyrnador: Fate of Ventar

Currently running the Secrets of Tyland campaign. We're 3 sessions in and the players really seem to be enjoying it even though the other campaign we play is D&D. I'm curious if anyone else is playing this and if they have puzzled out a calender for the setting.

My group is playing Tyrnador: Fate of Ventar. So far we all seem to be enjoying the setting.

I also have the Secrets of Tyland campaign book, but we haven't started in that yet; so far, we have been playing home-brew adventures in the setting, supported by the PC's backgrounds and my original and blatantly stolen adventure ideas.

I've pulled stuff from examples in the Tyrnador DMs guide, the For Gold and Glory supplement (mainly one sample dungeon and the card-based random dungeon room system), a county/city/fief based on a map from https://watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator, and some seeds from the Lazy DM docs.

One of my players has put together a calendar for our group, based mainly on the setting info from the Tyrnador players guide. I'd be happy to share that with you on Google Drive, if you'd like to PM me an address.

How did your group *start* the Secrets campaign? I can't really tell from that book, if there is a real introductory/kickoff adventure, or if we're just supposed to hex-crawl with random encounters until the party happens to move near one the adventure locations listed.

Our PCs are based, by chance, in the same generally area of the continent, currently building a stronghold out of the remnants of the Lucky Wheel Inn, from the DMs guide. We placed it just east of the Nakivi county and just south of the King's road, so not too far from the SW corner of the watchman woods.

I think if I could work out a specific adventure or location+quest to use as an entry point, we could start the Secrets campaign next. We've played several sessions and the PCs are well into seasoned, so I'm hoping I can beef up the encounters in Secrets (at least at first) until the challenges catch up to us a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JamGame View Post
      How did your group *start* the Secrets campaign? I can't really tell from that book, if there is a real introductory/kickoff adventure, or if we're just supposed to hex-crawl with random encounters until the party happens to move near one the adventure locations listed.
      The campaign begins in Rosebud County, in the west end of Watchman Woods. The party is on a coach on the Watchman Road headed for Tyland Mills. The Plot Point Campaign is outlined on p19-21 and the initial adventure that starts it off is River Caverns on p111. That's supposed to be the funnel adventure (which is how we used it), but it will work for a seasoned group as well. Just give them a reason to ride a coach through that part of the Watchman and you're good to go.

p.s. I'll send you a PM. A calender would be helpful in the campaign, as it is time based and specific dates play a central role.

Comment

Working...
      X