[TLP] Salvage Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TLP] Salvage Manual

Looking at the Sample Salvage Starship section and there seems to be some issues.
    1. There are two sets of stats, but only the second has a heading giving a name. I don’t know if there was a formatting issue, or if the first set of stats was leftover text from an earlier design.
    2. The first set of stats is labeled as a Gargantuan sized ship, but the rest of the stats indicate a Large sized ship.
    3. Adding up the mods for the first set of stats as a Large sized ship, and come up with 3 remaining mods instead of 1.
    4. The second set of stats is labeled as a Huge sized ship, but the rest of the stats indicate a Medium sized ship.
    5. The crew for a Medium sized ship is normally 5, but this ship has a crew total of 6 (1+5) indicating that a Crew Space mod is needed. I think this would reduce the available mods.
    6. Doing the math on the second set of stats, including a Crew Space mod, I come up with 6 remaining mods.

The Ship Type table on page 18 has an issue with the d20 values given. There is an entry for “4”, followed by an entry for “9”. What happened to 5–8?

Comment

Originally posted by wmarshal View Post
      Looking at the Sample Salvage Starship section and there seems to be some issues.
      1. There are two sets of stats, but only the second has a heading giving a name. I don’t know if there was a formatting issue, or if the first set of stats was leftover text from an earlier design.
      2. The first set of stats is labeled as a Gargantuan sized ship, but the rest of the stats indicate a Large sized ship.
      3. Adding up the mods for the first set of stats as a Large sized ship, and come up with 3 remaining mods instead of 1.
      4. The second set of stats is labeled as a Huge sized ship, but the rest of the stats indicate a Medium sized ship.
      5. The crew for a Medium sized ship is normally 5, but this ship has a crew total of 6 (1+5) indicating that a Crew Space mod is needed. I think this would reduce the available mods.
      6. Doing the math on the second set of stats, including a Crew Space mod, I come up with 6 remaining mods.
      I wonder if this is because it's been built with a prototype of the next edition of the SFC (though equally it could just be simple mistakes)

Comment

Originally posted by steelbrok View Post

I wonder if this is because it's been built with a prototype of the next edition of the SFC (though equally it could just be simple mistakes)
        It may be due to using rule changes upcoming in the next version of the SFC. If that’s the case I wish PEG would clarify that.

Perhaps they could consider posting future ship designs in the forum to let the community give the designs a check for accuracy, but leave out all other text associated with the designs to help preserve the economic value of the design in the final product.

i don’t have my books with me to check, but is it possible that the references to the ships being Huge and Gargantuan were intended to reflect the ships’ sizes as if they were creatures, and not as ship classes as given in the SFC?

Comment

Originally posted by wmarshal View Post
          ... is it possible that the references to the ships being Huge and Gargantuan were intended to reflect the ships’ sizes as if they were creatures, and not as ship classes as given in the SFC?
          Yes, it is. If you look at the vehicles in the core rules, they all have sizes just like creatures. Normal, Large, Huge, and Gargantuan. I wouldn't be at all surprised that all new vehicles use those same rules.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

In the DLC adventure Billion Miles from Home, the ship is described as Size, Huge, lending weight to the argument that these are the values from the forthcoming revised SFC
            (Hugre is size 16 in the current SFC)

Comment

Working...
            X