[Rippers Resurrected] Lodge Points Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rippers Resurrected] Lodge Points Questions

So I see that lodge points are earned anytime advances happen. It says you can not start a lodge until Seasoned, would novice characters accumulate lodge points at advancement prior to seasoned (e.g. say a group of 4 players and therefore have 16 points banked, 3 novice + 1 seasoned x 4 characters). If advances are not given every session, there can be a rapid building of a lodge at rank season. Is this the intent of the game?

Or do they begin accumulating lodge points with the first seasoned advance (e.g. the players have 4 lodge points and would start the session after they reach seasoned with an entry level lodge).

Another Lodge question, if players do not want a given room given by a rank, what is the best solution in place of that rank. The example that is touched off but not explained is the German Hunter Lodge on page 40 (example lodges), where they do not believe in rippertech. they are rank 3, rank 4 would open their ripper lab, would you as a GM give them something else in place or is it just a lost advantage. Given a number of factions (St. George, Witch Hunters, and Rosicrucian too, so 3 of the 7) disavow the use of it. I know lodges have mixed factions, but do you think zealots would allow that where they work. I was thinking of maybe letting them add a Lodge edge in their place if they go that way.

Thanks for help in advance,

Originally posted by Crimson View Post
    So I see that lodge points are earned anytime advances happen. It says you can not start a lodge until Seasoned, would novice characters accumulate lodge points at advancement prior to seasoned (e.g. say a group of 4 players and therefore have 16 points banked, 3 novice + 1 seasoned x 4 characters). If advances are not given every session, there can be a rapid building of a lodge at rank season. Is this the intent of the game?
    We don't know.
    I assume no one gets Lodge points until you can create a Lodge, but we don't know.

Another Lodge question, if players do not want a given room given by a rank, what is the best solution in place of that rank.
    GM call, and it's going to vary with the specific circumstance. Personally, I'd give them a free Lodge Edge, but there's a lot of possibilities.

but do you think zealots would allow that where they work.
    No. Because Zealots. They're notably zealous, or "fanatical and uncompromising". Compromise is anathema to the definition.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X