Brave New World as a Savage Setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brave New World as a Savage Setting?

I was wondering, is there an official conversion of Brave New World to the Savage Worlds Setting. I think Pinnacle owns both, it should be simple from a legal standpoint.

I assume you mean the supers rpg and not the classic dystopian novel.

BNW is owned by Full Moon Enterprises.

Some years ago, I saw M&M and Savage versions of BNW. But I recall those being 'play test' versions and not full releases. I'm not sure if full release versions ever came of it.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

It's been ages since I looked at BNW - what's different about it mechanically from a standard supers setting? What would you need to convert?

Comment

SteelDraco It's mostly the aesthetic and "classes" from what I've read. Some gear as well.

There's definitely nothing official. I messed with SW BNW a bit; I've got my notes for it sitting around on my Google Drive, but for the most part it's actually a perfect Pulp Heroes setting—some insane devices and impressive powers, but nothing on the level of most supers in Marvel/DC.
        Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, definitely not more than Street Fighters for all but the most powerful characters.

Originally posted by SteelDraco View Post
        It's been ages since I looked at BNW - what's different about it mechanically from a standard supers setting? What would you need to convert?
        The main difference is that powers come in power packages with specific upgrades available as edges later. You do not get the freeform power choices you might be used to in other supers settings.

Comment

Working...
        X