[FG] Race conversion for Swade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FG] Race conversion for Swade

I'm going to be running FG, but will be using SWADE. In looking at the races it seems that, even with the "all races start with four free points", the races like Lion Men are unbalanced, even without converting. Am I missing something?

You didn't miss anything.
    I'm running Flash Gordon with SWADE and I didn't bother converting the races and it works just fine.

Comment

As a note, in the Archetype books, the Lion Men no longer have "Strong", which brings it into alignment.

Originally posted by mikeZekim View Post
      You didn't miss anything.
      I'm running Flash Gordon with SWADE and I didn't bother converting the races and it works just fine.
      I thought about just leaving it, but we are using savaged.us so I'm putting the races in there and sharing them with my players, so I just wanted them to be 'right'.

Comment

The races in Flash Gordon were (I assume) developed and playtested for the setting of Flash Gordon. I rather the race kept as they were tested than translated into a generic form.

Comment

Flash Gordon was (to the best of my knowledge) the first setting book developed while they were developing the SWADE rule set. A lot of the concepts for what would become SWADE were tested out in Flash Gordon. I'd say that if any setting were SWADE compatible out of the box right now Flash Gordon would come as close as anything.

Comment

Working...
          X