Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any News on when Ripper will be Updated to Adventure Ed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any News on when Ripper will be Updated to Adventure Ed?

I'm New to Savage Worlds game system, and I saw they have the Ripper Game Set for 99$....
    I'm wondering if it is worth it or not, with the new system coming out.
    And if anyone knows how long it would likely be before the new version comes out.
    Really mostly curious about anything anyone has said in the last while that might be useful to help me decide
    Yes No re Buying the set.

I'm not sure if the entire setting is getting the full treatment or not, but there is a ​​​​​​SWADE update document for Rippers available for free. The changes appear quite minimal (less than two full pages), so it's up to you if you feel the bundle is worth the price.

Comment

The Rippers Resurrected box set is excellent. As far as I'm concerned it's the gold standard, though I understand Lankhmar is extremely nice as well. You can find the Rippers box set on Amazon for just under $70, which is a steal. I'm always a fan of printed books, so yay for those, but the printed maps are an even bigger plus for me. The custom dice and bennies are nice (though the printing on the bennies is a bit dark), and you get the added bonus of 2 custom action decks, which I have not seen in other box sets. The GM screen is less useful now that SWADE is out. I'll be using the screen from the Kickstarter bundle once they're printed & delivered.

There is a conversion document out that makes sense, at least more sense than the ETU conversion, so I doubt that Rippers will get an overhaul. Shane was interviewed at ChupacabraCon and announced a new Rippers expansion, Expedition Amazon, that should be coming soon(ish): https://youtu.be/m0j_b6sbuII

In short, go for it. Ripper's Resurrected is a great box set.

Comment

• Fraser
        Fraser commented
        Editing a comment
        You were one of the people who helped me decide so Thanks for the advice.

The Rippers Setting already had a full conversion (Rippers Ressurected) for the SW Deluxe edition. Given many settings are still trailing behind, I doubt it will have priority

Comment

• Fraser
        Fraser commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like this project would be on the back burner then, and other worlds are more likely to take first pick. Very helpful info, thank you.

I think it is well worth it. I just upgraded from 1e to the new edition less than a week ago and converting to SWADE is easy.

Comment

• Fraser
        Fraser commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the Most helpful thing anyone could have said.... thank you for that. I'm really leaning towards getting the Set.

Well I want to thank you all for the help deciding on that...
      I ordered It today and am really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
        Well I want to thank you all for the help deciding on that...
        I ordered It today and am really looking forward to it.
        Great to hear! I hope you really enjoy it!

I am trying to put together an online campaign for it on Roll 20 currently.

Comment

• skylion
          skylion commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd be happy to play in that...

• Fraser
          Fraser commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd be interested in seeing if I could get in on that kind of thing.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/75...3#post-7534073

Comment

• skylion
          skylion commented
          Editing a comment
          I waved

I am currently running a game in it, using SWADE, the only major thing so far we've had to change is the Charisma stat, everything else has more or less flowed easily.

Comment

Working...
        X