Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ETU] Alternate Options

Howdy folks,

Here's a couple things I had sittin' around on the back burner, so I decided to finish them and toss'em out for ya'll.

The first is More High Strangeness, which is exactly what it sounds like: two more charts (26 options) for things to get weird in your game.

Why? Well first, who doesn't like options? And second, some of the examples in the setting book were a bit generic and bland. Several of them were basically re-Trappings of "you hear a noise, but nothing's there." I wanted to provide more unique options. You can download More High Strangeness by clicking here.
    ______

The second entry is an Alternate Party Generator. Not that there's anything wrong with the one in the book, it's just that it has some weird idiosyncrasies that I don't understand. For example, small parties can never have a Special Guest, and because of the way the system works, that means it can never have Trouble. That just didn't seem right to me. The star jock should totally be able to pound back some brewskies with his roommates, and then puke his guts out. Also, the system can require you to draw as many 6 or 7 cards, which is not very quick when each one needs to be cross-referenced with a table.

These new rules are built off the same framework (so it will feel very familiar) but limits the card draws to four, maximum, with two being average. Naturally, you're under no obligation to use them, but if you do I'd love some feedback on them. You can download the Alternate Party Generator here.

And to any PEG staff that might be reading this, feel free to mine any ideas or content you like for the official product.
    Last edited by Deskepticon; 06-05-2019, 09:33 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Second link doesn't grant access to the file.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, thanks!

Sorry for late reply; busy week.
      Link should work now.
Working...
X