Alternate Rippers Plot Point advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Rippers Plot Point advice needed

So I want to do something different with Rippers somewhat inspired by the overall plot of Deadlands and Full Metal Alchemist; have the heads of the Cabal be the Seven Deadly Sins much like the Reckoners in America.

I don't want to use Dr. Prometheus, I prefer keeping Dr. Moreau. That said does anyone have any suggestions on who would be which sin? I would also love to hear any suggestions for adventures, subplots, plot point ideas, or anything else you might want to suggest or think would be cool/awesome.

Dr. Jack would be Lust.
    Dr. Frankenstein would be Pride.
    Griffin the Invisible Man would be Greed.
    Mr. Hyde would be Wrath.

Those are the most obvious to me. Not sure who should be Gluttony, Envy, and Sloth...

EDIT: Ooooorrrrrr.... maybe keep Dr. Prometheus, and HE could be Envy, as he is jealous of Dr. Moreau's successes.

EDIT 2: Sosra the Mummy (I think that was his name) could be Sloth. He's been "asleep" for milennia, and of all the members of the Cabal he seems to be the one who does the least in the Plot Point.

EDIT 3: That could leave Dracula to be Gluttony, but then again he's not really a member of the Cabal so I'm not sure he'd count.
    Last edited by SavageErica; 08-29-2017, 01:20 AM.
    'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SavageErica View Post
      Dr. Jack would be Lust.
      Dr. Frankenstein would be Pride.
      Griffin the Invisible Man would be Greed.
      Mr. Hyde would be Wrath.

Those are the most obvious to me. Not sure who should be Gluttony, Envy, and Sloth...

EDIT: Ooooorrrrrr.... maybe keep Dr. Prometheus, and HE could be Envy, as he is jealous of Dr. Moreau's successes.

EDIT 2: Sosra the Mummy (I think that was his name) could be Sloth. He's been "asleep" for milennia, and of all the members of the Cabal he seems to be the one who does the least in the Plot Point.

EDIT 3: That could leave Dracula to be Gluttony, but then again he's not really a member of the Cabal so I'm not sure he'd count.
      I like where you're heading with that, but I see Jack more of a Pride since it was his hubris that created the Rippers and his achievements that gave him immortality (in the original setting, not sure if I am going to use that in mine.) I see Dracula more of a Lust or Envy given his motivations in the original novel.

Also I'd still rather use Moreau than Prometheus. Especially since I am tying the Sins together much like the Reckoners and giving them immortality and invulnerability with a single (but more common and accessible) vulnerability. I might there invulnerability instead of being a straight inability to damage them be an ability to heal anything even after normal "death" with the exception of wounds from their specific vulnerability. (I might make Moreau have a "civilization"-based vulnerability given his modus operandi in the novel, this making it impossible for the puma-girl to kill him, but instead incapacitate him for long enough for the ending events to take place.)

I'm seeing a problem; too many mad scientists equals too many Prides.

Edit: This would also let them pull the comic/pulp villain "back from the dead" thing. Also Prendick could be a famous Ripper in this.
      Last edited by Devilstheatre; 08-29-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X