Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your favorite Fantasy Savage Setting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddbodkin
    started a topic What's Your favorite Fantasy Savage Setting?

What's Your favorite Fantasy Savage Setting?

I've been wanting to cook up my own homebrew fantasy setting, but with my busy schedule I might have bite off more than I can chew. In light of this, I've been researching fantasy Savage settings and I was wondering what is ya'lls favorite and why and what works for you?

• amerigoV
    replied
    1) Hellfrost - is got a Winter is Here / Greyhawk feel to it. Land of Fire is very Arabian Nights/Al-Qadim
    1a) Eberron / SW
    2) Beast and Barbarians
    3) Shaintar (a Forgotten Realms vibe)
    3a) Forgotten Realms with SW

Leave a comment:

• kronovan
    replied
    My preference is actually Pinnacle's Historical Fantasy settings like the Weird Wars series. Of that series, Weird Wars Rome is the one that easiest to run like traditional fantasy due to the ancient time frame and that citizens in that era truly believed in the existence of the creatures of their mythologies.

Leave a comment:

• mikeawmids
    replied
    Not quite what you were asking for, but I recommend picking up a PDF of the Inner Sea Guide (to Golarion) from the Paizo website. Amazing setting and the flavor is easily converted to Savage Worlds.

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    Cool! Thanks!

• Kristian Serrano
    replied
    Originally posted by Christopher Brady View Post

Same. Fits better than D&D.
    Yeah, I feel like the two together hit all the right chords. I have a hard time playing Eberron with D&D now, and I actually like 5e in general.

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Serrano
    commented on 's reply
    Yes there is. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...aJozlx1vQ/edit

I should note that I'm working on a completely revamped version of this to leverage a lot of the new features of Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. That process has brought to light what I feel are significant flaws in the design of this current one, and the new document will be much tighter and more streamlined. Once it's done, I'll update the original with the updated one. Currently, I've gone through almost all of the document and am in the middle of revamping the bestiary. I'll also wait for the final version of SWAdE to be released to give it one last pass.

The major flaws are the selection of powers for dragonmarks (they shouldn't be offensive powers) and how races are designed. The rest is OK and any issues are mostly related to presentation more than anything else.

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a conversation doc available?

• Christopher Brady
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristian Serrano View Post
    I love playing Eberron with Savage Worlds.
    Same. Fits better than D&D.

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Serrano
    replied
    I love playing Eberron with Savage Worlds.

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    replied
    Since it hasn't been mentioned yet (and since it's one of the very few "fantasy" settings I've actually played in SW), check out Low Life. It's a post-post-post-apocalyptic setting, were cockroaches, sentient snackcakes, and piles of poop now populate the world (amongst other weirdos like smelves and horcs).

It's a completely absurd setting, but the clincher is that all the characters are deadly serious about being so absurd.

Leave a comment:

• Mara
    replied
    I like Hellfrost the most. It's the most "D&D" and that seems to be something PEG tries to keep away from (aside from Lankmar), since people that want D&D tend to just play D&D.

Leave a comment:

• blackwingedheaven
    replied
    I can't deny that I'm a huge fan of Evernight. I think it has the best plot point campaign ever written for an official Savage Worlds setting, and it really hits my "fantasy crashes headlong into sci-fi" interests.

Leave a comment:

• Sitting Duck
    replied
    Another favorite of mine is Melior Via's Accursed, which I believe they've described as Hellboy meets Solomon Kane with a dash of Castlevania. A few of the races have some balance issues, but a great setting with a Plot Point Campaign that doesn't rush you.

Leave a comment:

• steelbrok
    replied
    For something a little different, Day After Ragnarok is great fun

Leave a comment:

Working...
X