[Deadlands] Overall timeline / module order question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Deadlands] Overall timeline / module order question

I am new to DL, I have most many of the adventures (all those currently available on Fantasy Grounds, plus some pdf) - is there an article explaining timeline of the published products in case it is i,ports t to run in a particular order?

I saw in the SWADE DL question thread mention of phrases like pre/post A Stone and a Hard Place or some such. What should a new guy look into if running these in future?

Thanks

Welcome to Deadlands. I hope you fall in love with it.
    It's noteworthy that Deadlands as a setting has been around for over 20 years. There are hundreds of adventures for it. Even the Reloaded rules have been around for more than 10 years, and have enough adventures to be nearing the Hundreds mark.

The vast majority of adventures don't specify a time because it's largely irrelevant to them.
    That said, the spoiler-ific Timeline of Doom! notes when the time frame of the adventures that had been published when it was created.
    The Plot Point Campaigns are (in order) The Flood, Last Sons, Stone and a Hard Place, and Good Intentions. There's generally only a couple of weeks between the end of one PPC and the beginning of the next, so it's virtually impossible for old player characters to make it to the new campaign start.
    All other adventures are set before, during, or between those four campaigns. Some of those adventures rely upon NPCs that get killed during the campaigns (notably S&aHP, which has a high NPC body count) so you'll want to set those adventures before those death scenes, but generally you can use things as you want to.

I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Awesome, will start the research. I’m used to “long” adventures due to AD&D background, but will be trying all that DLR has to offer if the crew buys in.

Comment

You can still string some along together, but you have to get a little creative. The Flood canonically (with respect to the larger timeline) takes place in August 1880. (Time travel shenanigans and multiverse theory are honest-to-God things in Deadlands. But that's a topic for another day.) It's highly unlikely a posse can make it from a ruined LA to Deadwood in the prescribed month it takes for Last Sons to begin. But there are alternatives. Stone and a Hard Place picks up late in 1881 and is much closer; geographically speaking. Good Intentions is another year after that in Deseret (modern-day Utah). You could leap-frog campaigns with the same posse, either with a time skip or with actual adventures in between. But the campaigns are also designed for Novice players, to begin with, so stringing them along like so might trivialize early challenges.

Comment

Working...
        X