[SWSFC] Edges for Cyberware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SWSFC] Edges for Cyberware

Assuming you would allow, it how much cyber stuff do you think is reasonable to trade for a background edge for a new character. I am thinking, Rich is x3 + $150k income, might be say $3k worth as most of the $3k cyber bits and bobs where is about the same as an edge anyway. And Rich+Filth Rich say $15k worth.

Is this too generous or not enough?
    Last edited by ironfort; 12-05-2018, 01:22 PM.

2 Strain is roughly the equivalent of an Edge. Instead of basing the benefit of the Edge on the $ cost, I would base it on the Strain cost. One Edge, 2 Strain worth of cyberware.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfort View Post
      Assuming you would allow, it how much cyber stuff do you think is reasonable to trade for a background edge for a new character.
      Note that the Geared Up edge exists for just this purpose - a background Edge that provides a large budget to purchase expensive gear (including cybernetic implants) without providing in-game funds.

One Edge for one cybernetic system installed (no money, no rolls, no risk of failure) is an Iconic Edge in Savage Rifts - that edge (Upgrade) is limited to once per Rank, and only available to a few Iconic Frameworks, but has proven to be well balanced in actual game play.
      I'd go with that model. Come up with a name, include a clause about GM approval, and remember that Strain is still a balancing factor.

2 Strain is equivalent to one Advance (one Edge or one Attribute increase), explicitly - Attribute Increase is 2 Strain, as is Combat Specialty. The only SFC cyberware that is rated at 3 Strain is the Face Changer, which can fail to activate (and takes 5 minutes to work, succeed or fail).
      The only way my proposal would be unbalanced is if the players wasted it taking Strain 1 cyberware - but most of those are relatively cheap, and the expensive ones grant a +2 to a single Skill, which the Alertness edge tells us is worth an edge.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thank you both that is ace.
        I had missed the Geared Up Edge which is perfect. I shall say no more than $10k and 2 Strain.
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X