[SPC2] NPC Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] NPC Thread

Having a hard time finding NPCs created by players/GMs on the old forum. I am sure there had to be at least one. So I am creating this thread. Post your best NPCs (Wildcard or otherwise), maybe an image for them, some background on how you used them, and some great ploys to trick, trap, or zap the PCs. I wouldn't mind seeing some of your conversions of Marvel/DC characters (if allowed) as they are great reference points for villains.

But don't limit yourself to villains, everyone needs some super friends. Who knows, maybe your playing a group of supervillains fighting the evils of the Law and Order Society of the Americas.

APOLLO
    Level: Cosmic NPC
    Race: Olympian
    Attributes: Agility d12+3, Smarts d8, Spirit d12+5, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12+4
    Skills: Fighting d12+8, Healing d12, Knowledge (Battle) d12, Notice d12, Shooting d12+10, Swimming d12, Throwing d12, Tracking d12
    Charisma: 4; Pace: 6; Parry: 20; Toughness: 20
    Hindrances: Arrogant, Clueless
    Edges: Block, Tough as Nails

Super Powers:
    • Ageless (2): Very Old.
    • Attack, Ranged (15): Enhanced Damage. Lethal. Heavy Weapon. Device. Armor Piercing. (Device: Scepter of Zeus.) (Trapping: Light)
    • Extra Actions (3): Apollo gains one extra action.
    • Flight (20): Apollo is as fast as light, or just under that speed. (Trapping: Light Con Trails)
    • Healing (7): Apollo can cure disease. Apollo can heal himself and others of Wounds and Fatigue with a touch. (Trapping: Light emanating from his hands)
    • Parry (12): Deflect. (Device: Shield of Artemis); Apollo can deflect ranged attacks with his shield like Wonder Woman.
    • Super Skill (8): Fighting and Shooting are enhanced with the power of the Scepter of Zeus. (Device: Scepter of Zeus.)
    • Toughness (10): Zeus is an Olympian, who are incredibly hard to kill, being gods and all. He has skin that resists most damage.
    • Weakness (Ichor): Blood of the Olympian gods can kill other Olympians.
    • Resurrection: Given enough time, Apollo will always regenerate and return. Not quickly, as he does not have that power, but he will return once his soul returns to Olympus and a new body is grown for him.
    Use:

Apollo is best used in Cosmic settings due to his incredibly powerful stats. He is capable of being either a villain or an opponent. His stats can be changed to fit the style and power level of your campaign. He is meant to represent the Light and Healing aspects of his Greek Mythology counterpart. In the campaign I use him in, he and the Olympians are actually extra dimensional creatures locked away from our Earth on the demi-plane of Olympus. In 1988 a team of archaeologists accidentally broke open the magic seal that locked the doors to Olympus. Now Zeus sends his children to wreak havoc on the world as they seem to search for something. Of course, not all the gods of Olympus are in agreement with Zeus' edict to lay low their old worshipers on Earth. Apollo is the "tip of the spear" and operates as a tracker for the Olympians. He usually brings with him Olympian Servitors of all varieties (guys in period dress with high tech weaponry) that are fast, nimble, and fun to mop up for the Cosmic team they face.

Plot Usage:

It is always fun to steal the MCU's use of Asgard as gods-in-name-only (GINO). They are just scientifically advanced enough to have it seem like magic and godhood. The same is true for my Olympians. Think Asgard (MCU), Olympus (DC), or the New Gods (DC). Give them a reason to interfere in the "mortal realm" and you have yourself ready made bad guys to fight your NPCs.

Comment

On the subject of conversions, not allowed if it's by name. OTOH, if someone comes up with stats for Amazon Chick, or Ultra-Dude, or Ring-Bearer (or, from the other company, Arachnidude and Crimson Hexwoman), you're all good.

Comment

Moloch
        Level: Four Colour Villain
        Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+6, Vigor d12+2
        Skills: Fighting d12+2, Notice d4, Intimidate d6, Athletics d8, Driving d4, Throwing d6
        Pace 6 Parry 7 Toughness 23(8) Charisma -2

Hindrances: Ruthless, Overconfident, Quick to Anger (custom), Mean
        Edges: Brawny, Sweep
        Powers:
        Growth - (1) - Level 1, Monster
        Super Strength - (12) - lvl 6
        Super Vigor - (6) - lvl 3
        Armor - (4) - lvl 4, +8 armour (body made of stone)
        Attack, Melee - (6) - lvl 3, stackable, device (monomolecular greatsword)
        Absorption - (2) - Kinetic Energy
        Toughness - (4) - lvl 4
        Construct - (6) - I lower the cost of Construct in my games, because it's stupidly overpriced in the book
        Resistance - (1) - Psionic Attacks
        Super Skill - (3) - level 3 Fighting
        Gear:
        Body Armour - +4 armour, negates up to 4 AP from bullets
        Monomolecular Greatsword - 2h, str+d10+2, AP5, super-powered
        Plot Usage:
        In my game the players were agents of a weapon-X like program, attempting to gather 'sources of power' in order to experiment with them. They would travel to places where supers had popped up, objects that had caused superpowers and places the program had interest in and bring all interesting materials back to the Program. Moloch was their grumpy boss, taking the place of the police chief in ye olde buddy cop story. He was mean and irratable, but also implacable. A stickler for rules and order, who believed in the cause wholeheartedly. I loved playing this guy because the players had no idea what his powers were other than 'big stone man'. He was huge, intimidating, and he was the 'face' of the organisation to them. The person who kept them in line, and forced them to play by the rules.

Not that they did, of course. But that's a story for another time ^-^
        Last edited by thewizardguy; 08-19-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

If you're looking for conversions of MCU material, do I have news for you. Some of the stuff is a bit outdated, so I'm working on a big overhaul of a lot of major characters, but this is definitely enough to get started.

I have a couple of NPC supers built somewhere, I'll post them if I can find them.
          Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Comment

• Freemage
            Freemage commented
            Editing a comment
            I realize this is obviously a project of love, but man, the Agents of SHIELD category really needs to bring in the main cast. In order, I'd say Quake, Coulson, Mei, Fitz/Simmons (face it, they get one entry), Mac, and... well, whoever you want to after that. Hive, probably.

• Reylan Talonspyre
            Reylan Talonspyre commented
            Editing a comment
            Doctor Boson, I have been to your website. It has been an awesome help in my campaigns. Keep up the great work.

*Cracks knuckles*
          I've still got three 20-point supers I drafted up for a Necessary Evil: Breakout! campaign. Sadly it fell apart, but the NPCs were designed as super-powered lieutenants for their fledgling gang. And naturally, since they all have super powers, they're Wild Cards.

DEADEYE
          Race: Human
          Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
          Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Shooting d12+6, Stealth d10, Taunt d6
          Charisma: –1; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 9(4)
          Hindrances: All Thumbs, Greedy (Major), One Eye, Quirk (always fires a warning shot first)
          Edges: Alertness, Assassin, Arcane Background (Super Powers), Dead Shot.
          Gear: Body armor (+4, -4 AP), composite bow, arrows.
          Super Powers:
          Attack, Ranged (6): Range 24/4/96 Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2. Lethal, Range. Device (Composite bow.) Switchable (primary with swinging.)
          Fearless (2): Deadeye isn't afraid of anything.
          Heightened Senses (1): Eagle Eye.
          Super Edge (4): Marksman, Steady Hands. (Archery training.)
          Super Skill (7): Shooting +7. (Archery training.)
          Swinging: Strong Line, 2500 lbs. Device (Cable arrow.) Switchable (ranged attack.)

JUICE
          Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
          Skills: Climbing d6, Driving d8, Fighting d8, Intimidation d8, Notice d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6
          Charisma: —; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 9(4)

Hindrances: Allergy (Minor—water), Overconfident, Ruthless (Minor), Weakness (Major—water)
          Edges: Ace, Arcane Background (Super Powers), Marksman, Quick
          Gear: Body armor (+4, -4 AP)
          Super Powers:
          Attack, Melee: Str+d6, AP 2. Stackable. Minor Limitation (Stacks only with conductive materials.) Switchable (ranged attack.) (Electrified attacks.)
          Attack, Ranged (7): Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d6, RoF1, AP 2. Switchable (Primary with
          melee attack.) (Lightning bolt.)
          Energy Control (5): Electricity. Range 12”, Damage 2d6. (Electrokinesis.)
          Paralysis -2 (5): Strong. Projectile (Shooting.) (Shock to the nervous system.)
          Telekinesis (3): Strength d12. Minor
          Limitaion (Can lift only metal objects.) (Electromagnetism.)

THE PRETENDER
          Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Toughness d6
          Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Lockpicking d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Repair d6, Stealth d8, Streetwise d6
          Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9(4)
          Hindrances: Curious,
          Monologuer, Pacifist (Minor), Quirk (Hides his real face behind a metal mask)
          Edges: Arcane Background (Super Powers), Best There Is (copycat), Charismatic, Thief
          Gear: Body armor (+4, -4 AP)
          Super Powers:
          Chameleon (4): Voice. Minor Limitation (The Pretender must touch the person he wishes to copy.)
          Copycat (10): Level 10. Duration, Overly Accurate, Versatility. Contingent on successful activation of
          chameleon. (The Pretender may copy multiple powers of a single target as long as the total cost is not greater than 10.)
          Heightened Senses (2): Infravision, Low Light Vision. Perception. Device (Mask—Infravision, Low Light Vision.)
          Super Edge (4): Brawler, Bruiser. (Pugilist.)
          Last edited by Jounichi; 08-20-2017, 03:18 AM. Reason: It didn't format correctly the first time.

Comment

Working...
          X