Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[50F] About to start the PPC, any tips on tweaking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [50F] About to start the PPC, any tips on tweaking?

As the title suggests--about to kick off the PPC. For those that have run it or played it--any suggestion with the story or PPC that needs tweaking or helping? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
    If you're not familiar with plot point campaigns then you should correct that, since my answer will assume familiarity.

The intro adventure can be incredibly dangerous if the players don't respect how deadly numbers can be. If they are respectful, be generous with the benny awards to help them get through it with only a few bad rolls.

Make sure they're actually ready for some tough sailing before you let them head to the Archmage. My crew shipwrecked and half the characters were Incapacitated.

If they decide to go after Torquemada before they get the call, you may want to jump straight to that plot point. If you think the Inquisition can fight them off then that would be a great way to make him a recurring nemesis, but in my experience a clever crew of players can wipe out the Inquisition pretty handily.

I can't think of anything else. 50 Fathoms gave us a fantastic two years of campaigning (and had room for more) before we wrapped it up and moved on to other settings. The Plot Point Campaign had all the high points and the rest of the setting was loose enough to make it easy to run their insane and adventurous schemes that weren't part of the plot.

Great stuff, highly recommended.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks for the response--this will def. be useful.

Comment

Working...
      X