Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Fathoms Hex Map

Anyone done this?

There are gridded maps of Caribdus here and here.

And I just banged this little guy out. No labels, but the isles are all there.

p.s. - Let me know how accurate the hex-scale is, since I'm not overly familiar with ingame distances. I figured each hex is an one-day journey.
    Last edited by Deskepticon; 07-22-2018, 07:03 PM. Reason: Post script

Comment

The official one https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/p...FathomsMap.pdf is more or less hex; each parallelogram has 6 adjacencies.

Comment

The official gridded map is in an unusual format, but I wonder if it was done with the idea to favor East-West travel over North-South travel with the parallelograms being wider than they are tall.

Comment

Originally posted by wmarshal View Post
          The official gridded map is in an unusual format, but I wonder if it was done with the idea to favor East-West travel over North-South travel with the parallelograms being wider than they are tall.
          That's probably a reflection of prevailing winds and the relative ease of east-west travel in Carribdus.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
          X