Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Powers Companion: Improving powers through advancement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't speak for MS, but for me it is quite simple. I want to see growth in all areas of my characters. I want to see that Attack Ranged go from 4d6 to 5d6 with Cone+1. That is not possible with existing rules.

Comment

Of course it could have something to do with my design philosophy. I often have character's running around with 12+ "powers" from Ageless and Regeneration level 1 up their main shtick powers at 10+SPPS. Having a Four Color with 65 SPPs (of which I have currently two in my home game), allowed them to build up to respectable characters and add back in some things they dropped to get under weight as it were in character gen. Sure they don't have as many other edges like Elan or Ace, but they can lift more and as of last night Invent way above their weight class (Best there is: Invent) and +2 levels in Invent from the RPP Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawksmoor View Post
        I can't speak for MS, but for me it is quite simple. I want to see growth in all areas of my characters. I want to see that Attack Ranged go from 4d6 to 5d6 with Cone+1. That is not possible with existing rules.
        I'm must be missing something because that's totally possible using Rising Stars from the book. The additional PPs using it aren't limited to only taking new powers if that's the thought. Per the description, "Rising Stars may take the Power Points Edge (no more than once per Rank as usual) to add 5 additional points to their existing abilities, or new ones."

Meaning, character has 6 PPs in Attack, Ranged for 4d6 damage, gains 5 PPs from the Edge, and uses 3 of them to get 5d6 and the Cone Modifier (with 2 points for other stuff). Exactly the same for both versions.

So power growth is completely possible by the SPC, and the other version just seems to be an option for characters to have more PPs (except for Pulp) but lower Power Limits (after 4-Color).
        Clint Black
        Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
        Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
        X