Savage Grimdark: A WH40K conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Grimdark: A WH40K conversion

It all started because someone asked what would a Space Marines IF would look like in Savage Rifts. Then I realized almost every concept of warhammer 40k could be an IF. I worked on it for a bit, and I now have an alpha version of the rules to show.

Please remember this is not a complete tool and there is still a lot of work to do, but it contains pretty much everything you would need to play in the WH40k universe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25g8c0crsx...mdark.pdf?dl=0

Here's a list of things to do before I'll be satisfied.

-Heavy Editing. I'm from Quebec, English is not my first language and this document needs love.

-Introduction to the WH40K. RIght now, all I have are 3 placeholders page at the beginning of the document.

-More gear

-More Edges. Right now, Heroic Incarnations (my version of Iconic Frameworks) are limited to the basics. I hope to add a variety of Edge options in the future.

-Xenos and Chaos. I think a lot of non-human factions could have a document with specialized gear and Heroic Incarnations. (One for Chaos, one for Eldars, one for Orks, etc.)

-A limited setting. One thing I found interesting about FFG's Dark Heresy was the Calixis Sector. It was a limited portion of the Galaxy with nearly limitless potential for adventure. I plan on creating one of my own (you can see a few hints here and there already), but it's nowhere near ready.

I would love to hear your comments

I can say already that this needs more Tau!

Comment

• dentris
      dentris commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I started with humans, but Tau are planned somewhere along the line. Many potential new gear, vehicles and Heroic Incarnations.

Out of the top of mind, Ethereals, Battlesuit Pilot, , Fire Warrior,cKroot, Vespid and human auxilliary.

Is power armor not Heavy Armor? I didn't see it mentioned. If not, why not?

Based upon the lore, I'd strongly recommend using the SFC gyro-jet weapons for bolters or as a basis for bolt weapons. Both use a small rocket propelled projectile, usually filled with explosives, to kill the foe.

Lots more to look at.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• dentris
      dentris commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not heavy armor because if you look at the source materials, you get plenty of examples of "lesser waapons" like lasguns being able to bring down Space Marines when used in enough number. Even on the tabletop, a lowly Guardsman has roughly a 10% chance of killing a Space Marines.
      Last edited by dentris; 05-03-2018, 02:31 PM.

• dentris
      dentris commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to put things into perspective, power armors in wh40k are still body armor and nowhere Near as big as Rifts Power Armors. The best equivalent to Rifts PA is the Dreadnought, which is Heavy Armor.

I checked the SFC, but i wasn't satisfied with damage/armor balance. I wanted to sort of emulate the balance of the miniature game. Under the current rules, on average, a lasgun will hurt a Guardsman, a Bolter will hurt a Space Marines and a lascannon will hurt a Dreadnought.

Here's a video of Matt Easton talking real-world logistics about WH40k hand weapons.

Not sure how helpful it would be for your project, but might help GMs with describing scenarios.

Comment

• dentris
      dentris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I will check
Working...
X