Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost for just regenerating permanent injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteelDraco
    replied
    If the ability is JUST that, it's not enough to qualify for a +1 ability. SWADE's not that granular, and honestly that ability isn't very powerful. You just don't see a ton of Permanent Injuries anyway, so being able to remove them with Natural Healing (which itself is pretty rare) just doesn't do that much.

I'd just roll it into another ability they have and call it good.

I had this ability in my trollblood write-up for Iron Kingdoms and just lumped it in with the once-a-day Natural Healing roll regeneration.

Leave a comment:

• paladin2019
    commented on 's reply
    (Note, for all intents and purposes (and perhaps even intensive purposes), 5 days is synonymous with "a week." The latter has become a common shorthand for 5-7 day periods in the last 20+ years of RPGs.)

• seadaily
    commented on 's reply
    Ah ok, I'll leave out the crit failure part then

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    seadaily That would be weaker than a +1 ability.

• seadaily
    commented on 's reply
    That's exactly what I was going for, just what is written after the "For 3 points..." line in the Regeneration ability. Although I'm thinking rather than once a week it would just be treated as a wound for purposes of natural healing, as in every 5 days they may make a natural healing roll to see if the injury has recovered or not. Maybe a raise could heal two.

Rereading the natural healing section, would adding in that a critical failure means the permanent injury is truly permanent cement it being a 1 point ability?

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    Assuming the only thing you give them is the ability to recover from permanent injuries (Natural Healing, heals after all Wounds, roll once per week) then that's probably a +1 ability.
    They have to survive acquiring a permanent injury (a narrow range of possibilities when Incapacitated). They have to then wait for all the other Wounds to heal. Then they have to succeed at their Vigor roll to finish regrowing the damaged part.

Leave a comment:

• seadaily
    started a topic Cost for just regenerating permanent injuries?

Cost for just regenerating permanent injuries?

I'm working on a species for a setting that I want to have the ability to recover from permanent injuries as described in the 3 point version of the Regeneration racial ability. However I don't want them to have the once daily natural healing roll. How much should such an ability cost? 1 point seems a bit low, would 2 seem fair?
Working...
X