An incredible Hindrances for superhero games updated for SWADE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An incredible Hindrances for superhero games updated for SWADE

Many years ago, a certain movie inspired me to come up with this Hindrance. I've rethought it to take into consideration the changes in SWADE. However, I'm not sure whether it should be classified as minor or major, so I ask what do you people at home think?

Cape Fetish (?)
    The cape is a popular costume accessory for both heroes and villains, especially those who possess flight powers. However, it can also snag on random obstructions and serve as something for an opponent to grab onto. While in costume, whenever a 1 is rolled on the skill die for an Athletics or Fighting check, the character becomes Vulnerable. If a Critical Failure is rolled, the character becomes Shaken as well.

I'm also thinking maybe adding a -1 to Stealth checks.
    You're rational, sir. It's only us crazy people who get to swap out realities on a whim.

There is a third party book by Daring Entertainment named Super Powers Unleashed. It has both a Hindrance & Edge around capes.

The Hindrance is minor and grants a bonus to attacker's grapple rolls while the Edge treats the cape's owner as adept at using it to bind or grapple a foe or be used in any other trick made by the wielder.

Comment

Without the Stealth penalty it reads like a Minor Hindrance. With the Stealth penalty I'd call it Major.

Comment

I would agree with Deskepticon.
        Also, there's a legendary vigilante ninja detective that would probably dispute the idea of a Stealth penalty.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
          Also, there's a legendary vigilante ninja detective that would probably dispute the idea of a Stealth penalty.
          Which one? I can think of quite a few characters who could fit that description.
          You're rational, sir. It's only us crazy people who get to swap out realities on a whim.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
            ValhallaGH commented
            Editing a comment
            The legendary one is Batman. The other caped vigilante ninja detectives are impressive but have not achieved a status on par with Heracles or Krishna or Coyote or Miyamoto Musashi.
        Working...
        X