Lords of Gossamer Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lords of Gossamer Conversions

Has anyone attempted one, or know of any?

While it would be interesting to see, I see no real incentive to do so. As a diceless, narrative system, it's already as simple as it gets. And since the power level of the Lords is so high, it would require quite a lot of conversion and rules and would end up with a very rare occurence where the SW conversion would be more complex than the original system.

Comment

Originally posted by dentris View Post
      While it would be interesting to see, I see no real incentive to do so. As a diceless, narrative system, it's already as simple as it gets. And since the power level of the Lords is so high, it would require quite a lot of conversion and rules and would end up with a very rare occurence where the SW conversion would be more complex than the original system.
      People quite often have difficulty with transferral rules.

If you think about it, LoG is not too different to Magic the Gathering. Both pick up magic, objects, technology. Just the mechanics of travel between planes is different, although The Long Walk included something akin to Planeswalking.

But yeah, the level can be high, but also really low and not beyond SWADE, as technology (and magic) can stop functioning from one world to the next resulting sword use. Sorcery being more useful.

Some you could make powers, like super 2e, until we get the Swade version.

I would make certain Arcane Backgrounds more costly than usual due to them being power suites.

Anything with the power Immune to Conventional Weapons would be high levels of Protection, maybe as high as 30, so that only high powered weapons cause damage.

Thoughts?
      Last edited by Rogerd; 05-30-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X