SW conversion of Mythras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW conversion of Mythras

I working up my next campaign and I'm thinking of using some of the Mythras material as there is some interesting ideas. Does anybody know of a Savage Worlds (any edition) conversion of Mythras?

I don't know of any conversions off hand.

What exactly are you looking for though? Because Mythras (aka Runequest 6) is essentially a "toolkit" ruleset, not unlike Savage Worlds. It's the ways those basic rules are implemented in a setting that really matters. Are you trying to run a Mythras setting book using SW instead? Or are you just looking for a general guide on swapping mechanics?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewKennett View Post
      I working up my next campaign and I'm thinking of using some of the Mythras material as there is some interesting ideas. Does anybody know of a Savage Worlds (any edition) conversion of Mythras?
      To be honest it should be fairly straight forward.
      Skills and powers remain mostly the same. You would need to add Conjure / Create Weapon as something prevalent in RQ is creating magical weapons. Then probably Empower Weapon so this would represent things like Bladesharp.

Each trapping would represent a particular spell.

Each Arcane Backgrounds would represent a type of power, whether Mysticism, Sorcery, Shamism etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerd View Post

To be honest it should be fairly straight forward.
        Skills and powers remain mostly the same. You would need to add Conjure / Create Weapon as something prevalent in RQ is creating magical weapons. Then probably Empower Weapon so this would represent things like Bladesharp.
        Yeah. Attributes is pretty straight forward.
        • Strength --> Strength
        • Constitution --> Vigor
        • Dexterity --> Agility
        • Intelligence --> Smarts
        • Power --> Spirit
        Size and Charisma can easily be covered by Edges.

Skills are a simple swap.

Each Arcane Backgrounds would represent a type of power, whether Mysticism, Sorcery, Shamism etc.
        It'll take a bit of tweaking, but I'd use:
        • Folk Magic --> AB Magic
        • Animism --> AB Weird Science
        • Mysticism --> AB Gifted
        • Sorcery --> AB Magic
        • Theism --> AB Miracles
        I didn't feel like going through all the spells, but Trappings probably covers most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
          It'll take a bit of tweaking, but I'd use:
          • Folk Magic --> AB Magic
          • Animism --> AB Weird Science
          • Mysticism --> AB Gifted
          • Sorcery --> AB Magic
          • Theism --> AB Miracles
          I didn't feel like going through all the spells, but Trappings probably covers most of them.
          Animism would be better with one of the Weird West spirit edges?

Mysticism would be akin to The Way from Shaintar, or Enlightenment from Beasts & Barbarians, so I would likely use of those. But Gifted would cover that too.
          Last edited by Rogerd; 05-29-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Deskepticon
            Deskepticon commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure, but I was trying to keep it limited to core SWADE. Either way the GM is still gonna need to tweak the Backgrounds to fit the themes. Mythras also has guidelines for altering Magical Traditions, so theoretically you can wind up with something closer to core Arcane Backgrounds.

Thanks for the replies, I agree the skills are mostly clear and I like the suggestion about Arcane Backgrounds

Comment

Working...
          X