Savage Gamma World updated to SWADE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Gamma World updated to SWADE

I updated the awesome conversion that Kenneth MacArthur wrote. Did I miss anything? LINK

Sweet! Thanks you. Although, also @#$% as you beat me to my 3+ year long fiddling with a conversion. *Sigh* I have a TON of genotypes converted.

Edit: actually, my conversion is designed to fit the core SWADE rules such as a racial point builds (I think it s/b +4 in Gamma World) so the genotypes work with core SWADE, access to Super Powers Companion powers, and Settings Rules. But still, this rocks.
    Last edited by The Radioactivist; 06-30-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I can say that after a first perusal that you did great! I wrote those two versions ever-so-long ago and I am so very stoked that you've taken it on to revamp them to the modern iteration and also preserve all the crazy nonsense of the original conversions. Yes, they were over-powered and kind of weird. Yes, they don't conform at all to the racial rules, but as I affirmed within the Savage Gamma World, the original GW didn't really worry about game balance either. It was a delightful game of crazy-over-the-top-beer-and-pretzels fun and I'm so very happy that you've given it a new polish. I haven't been through the SW forums for a while, but I'm so glad I ventured through and dug deep enough to see this. Thanks for the effort and the revamp. And thank you for the interest in the first place. I hope you and many others have, and will have, many a great romp in the Savage Gamma World. --Kenneth MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Razerwolfe View Post
        I can say that after a first perusal that you did great! I wrote those two versions ever-so-long ago and I am so very stoked that you've taken it on to revamp them to the modern iteration and also preserve all the crazy nonsense of the original conversions. Yes, they were over-powered and kind of weird. Yes, they don't conform at all to the racial rules, but as I affirmed within the Savage Gamma World, the original GW didn't really worry about game balance either. It was a delightful game of crazy-over-the-top-beer-and-pretzels fun and I'm so very happy that you've given it a new polish. I haven't been through the SW forums for a while, but I'm so glad I ventured through and dug deep enough to see this. Thanks for the effort and the revamp. And thank you for the interest in the first place. I hope you and many others have, and will have, many a great romp in the Savage Gamma World. --Kenneth MacArthur
        Click image for larger version

Name:	awesome-that-is-humbled-i-am.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	55180

Comment

Working...
        X