Alternate Weird West.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Weird West.

Something occured to me a few days ago. Deadlands woild be a different game if it used to same rules as the Solomon Kane setting. Magic is grittier, and the feel is darker and more indicative of a Wild West plagued by evil. Give it a worl. It's kinda groovy in many, many ways...

I never GM'd a Deadlands game, but I've played in one. I honestly think we've only made about 3 Guts checks the entire campaign. Maybe it was a fault of the GM, but it didn't come across as bleak as I thought the setting should have been. Toning down the magic (player side), re-Trapping weird science as just straight steam-power/retrofuture/etc, and putting more emphasis on "oh crap! The world is ending!" sounds pretty neat.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
      ValhallaGH commented
      Editing a comment
      Deadlands is like an Abbot & Costello movie - the set up may be grim and awful but the protagonists usually establish a much lighter and more hopeful tone.

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by ValhallaGH
      Deadlands is like an Abbot & Costello movie - the set up may be grim and awful but the protagonists usually establish a much lighter and more hopeful tone.
      Good way of putting it..
      The most memorable session was with an undead circus that went from town to town, setup tents, and "performed" by killing all the residents. I had a lot of fun with that one, in part because the half-rotten elephant stomped me and broke my leg. Gave my character a lot of... well, character... with his gimp leg and ivory cane.
Working...
X