No announcement yet.

A SWADE conversion of Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, so this is all pretty great, thanks for doing this. Would you mind giving me some clarification on starting credits? I couldn't find it anywhere in the setting book and SWADE just says $500 which if converted directly to credits would be a pretty paltry sum. Thanks

Comment

• Brandel Valico
      Brandel Valico commented
      Editing a comment
      paladin2019 feel free to use them as such if you prefer to do so. I usually end up giving the party a ship myself after a few sessions or so. Occasionally though they wish a better one or will want to make massive upgrades. All of that's possible. But generally speaking the ship is usually owned by a character not the party. Even if the entire party uses it. Think the Falcon for example. Sure everyone used it, but Han owned it.

Now it doesn't have to be that way of course. Your campaign you can certainly give them a ship and make it a party resource.

I just usually prefer not to start them out with or have them buy a ship to start out with in my campaigns.

In the Star Wars Companion provided in the first post though they are treated as equipment. If you have the cash you can buy them.

But in the end the Companion provided is a resource you of course can use all or none of it as you see fit. I'll never say otherwise. After all you can honestly run Star Wars straight out of the SWADE core book if you wish to. I did that myself for awhile. I know others that do so. It works.
      Last edited by Brandel Valico; 08-18-2021, 11:41 PM.

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Brandel Valico
      Think the Falcon for example. Sure everyone used it, but Han owned it.
      Lando didn't seem to think so.

• Brandel Valico
      Brandel Valico commented
      Editing a comment
      Deskepticon FDLOL true enough. He thought he should still own it.

Thanks but I was asking in reference to the credit costs in the star wars conversion posted by the OP.

Comment

Okay Session 15 is in the bag and we are well into Episode 5. The Session notes have been updated for those interested in seeing how our game is progressing.
      Last edited by Brandel Valico; 08-18-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Hey, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I just have one more question concerning squads. If a squad suffers a wound do they suffer the wound as one or individually? For example if I have a squad of four Stormtroopers, and my player deals a wound to that squad is one of them killed or are all four killed?

Comment

• Brandel Valico
          Brandel Valico commented
          Editing a comment
          The entire squad is killed. Squads are a way to make
          it seem like there are 40 troopers. While only really having ten.

See page 117 of the Companion for the full explanation

They get a bonus to attacks to represent this idea. But in all other ways they function and die as a single extra. You could of course give them resilient and more resilient so they take 3 wounds to kill if you do want them to function that way.
          But at that point you may as well just put 4 actual stormies on the table instead of a squad.

Basically think of a squad the way you would a swarm in general concept.

They are filler Cannon fodder. I usually use them for example to say you see 10 stormtroopers ahead. 2 are actual troopers. Then 2 squads. This makes it so I'm only rolling 4 times instead of 10. They do die fairly quickly true. But they aren't meant to be used as major opponents.

Hope this answers your question. If not let me know and I'll be happy to try again. Also feel free to ask anything else you wish to ask. I might be slow to answer but I will be happy to do so.

Side note: Packs in the creature area are explained on page 133
          Last edited by Brandel Valico; 08-18-2021, 11:45 PM.

I realize it doesn't really mean anything specific, but just noticed this thread has been looked at over 5,000 time closing in on 5,500.

Still that's a blasted high number for a homebrew conversion, so I'm just gonna be happy with it.
        Last edited by Brandel Valico; 08-19-2021, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Hey, I have a question about lightsabers. On the face value, they seem pretty powerful. The AP + the Damage bonus pretty much guarantees at least a wound on a "normal" target with a successful hit. Am I reading this correctly? It makes sense thematically, but game balance seems kind of challenging. Can you shed any light?

Comment

• Brandel Valico
            Brandel Valico commented
            Editing a comment
            They are fairly powerful. But you also have to
            take trademark weapon lightsaber type to use them without having all failures in combat be treated as crit failures. Which compared to the basic laser sword from the core SWADE book which has the exact same stats as a standard lightsaber actually makes them far less likely for players who aren't going Jedi to take.

So yeah they are nasty, that AP is big. Which is why I added the need to take an edge to use them safely instead of just using the standard laser sword. To actually tone their use down a bit.

‚ÄčIn the end I tried to stay as true to all ready existing SWADE equipment for the conversion as I could while making it Star Wars. Most of the weapons are just reskinned/renamed from the Core Book or the Sci-Fi companion. The same thing applied here. Renamed Laser sword and added an edge requirement to use safely, but other then that it's just the laser sword from the core book.

This is also why Beskar armors have AP reduction. You could also add a mod called Cortosis Plating (see the advanced purge trooper) which while not a standard mod that's available. Can be added to most NPCs to help lessen lightsabers if you really want to tone them down even more. Just keep in mind doing so is going to feel like your intentionally doing it to screw over any Jedi players.
            Last edited by Brandel Valico; 08-21-2021, 04:04 PM.

• paladin2019
            paladin2019 commented
            Editing a comment
            "Just keep in mind doing so is going to feel like your intentionally doing it to screw over any Jedi players."

I mean, that' [ii]is[/i] the canon purpose for cortosis weaves, right?

• Brandel Valico
            Brandel Valico commented
            Editing a comment
            It is indeed the purpose of them LOL. GM's tend to love that part, but forget that it's extremely rare and is supposed to be extremely fragile and usually destroyed after a hit or two though. It's very similar to Yaslimari have seen Gm's rule that a rock that is thrown using the Force drops straight to the ground when it encounters the bubble they make. Instead of allowing for inertia and momentum to continue to carry it. All while allowing the wookie to hurl a log at the exact same spot. Jedi gimping is sadly far to common.

Added an original adventure by Will Lewis "The Rodian Bomber" to the One Shots for Savage Star Wars area of the Main Post. Give it a try it's pretty cool.

Comment

Okay Session 16 is done and the Session notes have been updated. There is also a small update to the Companion moving from V24 to V25. (Fixed a few small typos, corrected the AT-ST entry to show damage and the missing gun, and fixed Hyperspace to account for the bonus from the Nav Computers.)

Comment

Okay the Session notes have been updated to include session 17. It was a fun session with mortar shells for everyone. LOL

Comment

Okay a few Typos have been noted and will hopefully be fixed eventually but they are low priority at present so don't hold your breath for it to happen anytime soon. LOL

I did update the Expansion with a new Edge "Droid Master" which now allows for someone to build their own droid extra's for use in game.

While this is still a WIP and may be changed. I do like how simple and easy it is so we shall see

Comment

Okay the session notes have been updated for session 18

Comment

Added a new one shot adaptation to the original post.

Should be getting the session notes updated to cover #19 sometime the week as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X