Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savage Dark Sun, How to deal with Psionic Combat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Dark Sun, How to deal with Psionic Combat?

I am working on a home game of Dark Sun using Savage Worlds. I know there are several conversion documents out there, but none of them deal with how to run psionic combat.
    Any suggestions on the best way to emulate mind to mind combat in Savage Worlds without completely creating some new rules mechanic?
    I can see modifying the rules or tweaking them. I am just trying to avoid having to create an entirely new rules set for mental combat.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!
    ShadowDad~

Tests using the Psionics skill.
    Describe the Test as psychic combat, letting the descriptions of attacks and defenses go wild, and it should be fine. Something that looks awesome, has a useful level of power, but doesn't require new rules or significant play testing to balance.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• slingbld
      slingbld commented
      Editing a comment
      Good lord! That was an easy fix!!
      Sometimes I just need someone to point out the obvious!!

Thanks!!

• ValhallaGH
      ValhallaGH commented
      Editing a comment
      slingbld You're welcome!

Do you want the psychic combats to do anything more than prep the defender for Power use, like AD&D2's contact power? If no, Tests are the way to go.

Do you want psychic combat to include burning out the defender's brain? Those are trappings for bolt, barrier, and other powers.

And there's no reason the two wouldn't be in play in the same combat. Weaken the defender's resistance then break him into tiny pieces.

Comment

You could also model it off of the Social Conflict mechanics. The rules already include a roleplay phase for the two psions to explain which attack forms they are using and/or how they are defending.

Comment

Working...
      X