Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Worlds X-Crawl

Hello,

I'm a big fan of Brendan LaSalle's X-Crawl setting. Has anyone else taken a shot at trying to convert it to Savage Worlds? I think it would be a good fit.

At some point in the near future, I will start working on it.

Oh, X-Crawl. The overlap of D&D, reality television, and sports gambling. And all before The Hunger Games was written.
    It's been years since I thought about it.

The basics are extremely easy to convert. Combat rules, basic gear, critters, etc.
    Traps will be a bit of an issue, since you want them to be more interesting than "you moved here, roll Agility ... now roll Vigor ... now make a new character." Take a look at TAG's Perilous Places and Serious Situations.
    Some iconic monsters will need to be created. I'd recommend modeling the "instant kill" abilities, like petrification, on the Poison rules.
    You'll need a "fan base" mechanic for how fans can affect a Crawl.
    You'll need to decide what kinds of magical gear are allowed - different rules require different mechanics for magical equipment.
    Other than that, should be very simple.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

It sounds like a fantasy version of The Running Man.

Comment

The rules for trap-making in Perilous Places left me underwhelmed, so I created my own rules using a similar design. You can download the document for free by clicking here. Maybe you'll find them useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
          The rules for trap-making in Perilous Places left me underwhelmed, so I created my own rules using a similar design. You can download the document for free by clicking here. Maybe you'll find them useful.
          Awesome work, thank you! You can be sure that I'll credit you for this.

Comment

• Deskepticon
            Deskepticon commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool! Thanks.
            But credit also goes to Wiggy for the original idea. I only adapted to a different model.
            In turn, feel free to change whatever doesn't work for you.

I finished a preliminary document, along with 10 sample characters. I kept the characters blank slates as Brendan LaSalle does for his convention games. I can put them in a google doc, or send them to you via email. Just send me your email via PM, please.

Comment

• Deskepticon
            Deskepticon commented
            Editing a comment
            A link to the document from this thread is probably the best option.

How's this? http://docs.google.com/document/d/1k...it?usp=sharing

Comment

And the characters: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
            X