Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Cards meant for print

Hi there everyone!

It's been a while. I posted these in the old forums, and some people liked them. So I thought perhaps I could re post them here.

I made them because I like improvising NPC's and Powers for foes on the fly during play.
    But they're also very handy to give to players of course.

Form fillable Power Cards
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HyH...w?usp=drivesdk

The rules text is often truncated to better fit on the limited space on the cards.

You are suppose to print them double sided, so that you write the customized trappings on the back-side of the card. Then you can always reference the base-rules for the powers on the other side of your Power Card.

I hope you find them useful. Give me feed-back if you used them, or found some typos or come up with possible improvements.

Happy gaming!
    Last edited by FireVisor; 11-07-2017, 01:15 PM.

For double sided print which way should I be flipping the pages? It does not look like they line up right no matter how I do it.
    I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

• FireVisor
      FireVisor commented
      Editing a comment
      2Remember that they are A4 format. Are you printing in Letter?

Printers, I assume I am no pro, aren't 100% accurate.

They should however, unless I've made a mistake, be centered the same way on every page.

Sometimes you need to fiddle with settings when you print carefully.

When I tried them, and got good results, I used Adobe Acrobat if I remember correctly.

I hope you find a solution.

Edit:
      I'll eventually see if I can find some issues on my end, I did a few changes to the files when uploading it this time.

Edit2:
      Be very sure to try to check so that it centers each page the right way.

I know for sure that different applications have different settings that can mess things up.
      Printing directly from Chrome I know for a fact isn't necessarily a good idea, for example.
      Last edited by FireVisor; 10-01-2017, 01:25 PM.

• Erolat
      Erolat commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not that the card frames do not line up but rather the front and back are not for the same power. Page one the top left item is armor, same on page two. It does not appear to matter which way I flip the page (long edge, short edge) it appears that the Armor face (side with all the text) will have either the Beast back (short edge) or the Blast inverted (long edge) on the back.

• FireVisor
      FireVisor commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, yes. I kind of feel like a fool here.

I have only printed this once, but that was a long time ago.

I'll take a closer look at this, and get back to you.

These are cool. I'm going to use them at the con I'm running Rippers at in a few weeks.

Comment

• FireVisor
      FireVisor commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!

I need to make a few changes, removed them from google for now.
      I'll try to make sure to get them out there again before your con!

Stay tuned!

There, the cards are now updated. It's now using the Fan license.

The cards and their backside are now mirrored. So when printing them out double sided, it should be possible to make the cards line up.

Tell me if you find typos.

Comment

Thanks for these! They are JUST what I need! I was planning to try and create my own for a game I'm hoping to run soon, but these are MUCH better than anything I could have produced!

Comment

These are really cool! Print them out on decent card stock and presto-changeo awesome handout for players, especially at conventions!

Comment

Well, you did a nice thing here.

Originally posted by FireVisor View Post
          The rules text is often truncated to better fit on the limited space on the cards.
          About that, for a private project of mine, I did a very condensed version of the rules, often using Emoji or Symbols to shorten the phrases. For example (sorry, Italian language here):

EDIT: forum blocked the emoji... I attach a printscreen:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Cattura.JPG Views:	3 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	5687
          Red Triangles are Success and Raise, other symbols are pretty self-explaining. I have other symbols for [VS] when powers are opposed, etc.
          Last edited by Lord Lance; 12-31-2017, 01:23 PM.
          "Balance is the key, Trapping is the word." - - Lord Lance

Proud reviser of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY

Comment

• Lord Lance
            Lord Lance commented
            Editing a comment
            Edited. Can you see the screenshot? Of course, this is for Area Effects: ÔŽÁSEG (it stands for Sagoma Esplosione Grande, Large Burst Template)

• FireVisor
            FireVisor commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool idea!

Big triangles are raises right? I don't know how clear that would be, but I guess if you know before hand it's clear enough.

If I ever feel like it it'd be nice to go back to the cards and try to add these in order to try and increase the font size.

• Lord Lance
            Lord Lance commented
            Editing a comment
            Right. Red triangle is Success, big Red is Raise. Black down pointing is Failure (used seldom), and big Black down pointing triangle is Critical Failure. Also, I use die emoji (https://emojipedia.org/game-die/ ) for long phrases starting with "when the skill die shows "1" ...)
        Working...
        X