Witcher swade conversion, signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witcher swade conversion, signs

So I've been working on my own conversion document for the witcher universe based on the novels, and ran into another hiccup recently.

How do I handle witcher signs, in lore they're very crude and simple spells compared to sorcery. They take little effort and are relatively stable. Effective battle magic for witchers but will always pale in comparison to a sorcerers more dangerous but more powerful magic. Any ideas on how I can separate a handful of signs from dedicated mages?

Short power list, very limit trapping options. Maybe base it off of Gifted, since Witchers seem to be the only ones that use Signs?
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I'd treat them as a separate Arcane Background... so you'd have AB (Sorcery) and AB (Signs). I'm also going to second Val's suggestion of basing it off Gifted and giving it a limited power list. And I'm going to assume Sorcery uses the Dynamic Backlash setting rule (hint: it should), which Signs wouldn't suffer from.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X