question about converting weapons from other games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about converting weapons from other games

in D&D 3.5 there is a great hammer that does 3d6 damage. how would that convert into swade?

A great hammer is just a larger warhammer.

So.... Str + d12, Min Str d10, weight 30, AP 1, Parry –1, two hands

In general, just find a weapon that is similar and tweak the stats so that it feels right.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, why are you trying to convert weapons from another system? Are you trying to convert a module to Savage Worlds or something? Because if not, then just use the maul from the core book.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if you ARE converting a module, focus on the Base Attack Bonus, as that would determine how likely you are to hit with a raise (and add that d6 bonus damage die). The actual damage value of a DnD weapon is less important.

Comment

i will be honest i have problems not trying to push the enelopeand make things that cool like a grenade launcher built into a large war hammer, kinda like the one in the web sho RWBY

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_General View Post
          i will be honest i have problems not trying to push the enelopeand make things that cool like a grenade launcher built into a large war hammer, kinda like the one in the web sho RWBY
          Savage Rifts beat you to it. It's called the Thunderer Combat Hammer. It does Str+d8 and +3d6 on a raise because it fires the super-sized shotgun shells.

Cool weapons are super easy to do in Savage Worlds.
          1) Decide how easy it should be to use, setting the Minimum Strength.
          2) Decide how deadly it should generally be, setting the damage die.
          3) Decide what special rules it should have. This covers everything from AP to a nuclear detonation.
          4) Assign a cost, based upon how powerful it is and how prevalent you want it to be. Or historical accuracy if you're trying to make a historical weapon.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
          X