X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight_General
    replied
    okay thanks for the ideas

well i am done with thread aby way i was just hoping to gain some knowledge and i failed to do that, i will keep an eye on it but i will probably wont post anything further

Leave a comment:

• paladin2019
    replied
    Didn't say weapons, I said devices. TK flyer, goggles, etc. Or maybe a TW gun, or even a weird science mega-bolt device.

Leave a comment:

• Knight_General
    replied
    why use TW weapons though, my psi-sword would be better wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• paladin2019
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight_General View Post
    the reason i am not just playing a TW is beacausei also want to have similar abilities to a number of different frameworks.

things i want.
    1. cyber-armor from cyber-knight.
    2. psi-sword from cyber-knight.
    3. techno wizardry stuff.
    4. and then figure out what i have left to put into stealth.
    So, make a cyberknight, take the AB (Weird Science), Gadgeteer, and Artificer edges, and pump your base Stealth skill as well as keep boost trait on tap. You can still use TW devices as a psychic.

Leave a comment:

• Knight_General
    replied
    well the idea is to have a set number of powers that get more powerful as i go on though at this point in the game i am making this for i will already have quite a bit of power being able to use the swade power modifiers on a regular basis. then as we go into higher levels i will be able to use the mega power modifiers from savage rifts.

my initailthough was mind melter but they get acess to all the higher powered stuff early and quite a few PPs to go with it. i want this character to feel like it has gained power not just automatically have things.

i can actually take time today to do a few concepts together and find one that i like the most seen as i don't have a job.

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    Do you have access to the core rules. Because you may want to re-read them to remind yourself what's available from the core rules.
    Things I want for a ninja character.
    Basically go anywhere, stab anything, see everything, avoid all attacks, and magical non-detection.

I can see eight or ten different builds to do that. The key is how you use your resources that aren't the Iconic Framework. No framework provides the Sweep Edge, but Sweep lets you attack everyone within your Reach at the same time. Perfect for your AoE desires. Fleet Footed is an edge available to everyone, an Edge that increases Pace and Running across all terrain types. You can take more powers as you take the New Powers Edge, getting even more supernatural abilities. Etc.

Leave a comment:

• Knight_General
    replied
    well based on what i read in savaging rifts ideas they suggest kitbashing which pull from one and to another from multiple sources which is why i came up with those for basically class abilities. i have always loved playing a character that makes weapons and is faster than normal. right now i am trying to get out of my comfort zone a little by going for stealth. i usually play hard hittingmelee characters. i like to be up close.

if i may i have something to show what i want for this particular character.

Things I want for a ninja character.

Physical abilities.
    1. High movement, even across difficult types of terrain.
    2. Quick attacks that do more damage based on speed.
    3. More physical melee attacks than the normal races.
    4. Speed based defense dodging and evading attacks.
    5. Being able to block.
    6. If possible the ability to go through walls like phasing.
    7. Some sort of short range physical attack. Like a spray of kunai, daggers, or other throwing weapons.

Supernatural Powers.
    1. Detecting everything.
    2. Teleporting.
    3. Some sort of area effect. Preferably me moving and making various physical melee attacks.
    4. The ability to create a zone of silence.
    5. A way to hide besides invisibility, like create camouflage, or darkness.
    6. An ability to see in the dark.

Equipment.
    1. Something that deal average damage if not a little higher, that can pierce armor and other physical defenses and objects.
    2. Additional camouflage, or stealth bonuses.
    3. Lightweight, highly resistant armor.
    4. Upgradeable armor and weapons.
    5. Random things to throw. Knives, large metal balls, grenades, spikes.
    6. Healing equipment either cybernetic, physical medical, powered item.
    i don't have to have all of it but i tried to get as much as i could with trying to find some kind of limit, hensebreaking them down by abilities and using an average of points so it is not more powerful than the highest powered option i have.
    Last edited by Knight_General; 07-18-2019, 04:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    Why trade? Just spend a couple Hindrance points to take it.
    The re-roll is worth at least two Edges. Getting a free re-roll of an arcane skill is insanely good, and almost completely makes up for the gulf in power between the Mind Melter and the Ley Line Walker.

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    the reason i am not just playing a TW is beacausei also want to have similar abilities to a number of different frameworks.

things i want.
    Yeah, that's going to be a campaign destroying Framework. Wildly over powered, with the deadliest melee ability in the game, the insane flexibility of a TW, and absurd infiltration ability.

If you weren't determined to also be a TW then you could pull that off with a Cyber Knight that had a high Stealth skill and utilized the boost Trait, warrior's gift, and conceal arcana powers. The desire to also TW convert your gear is where this concept breaks the game.

Leave a comment:

• Knight_General
    replied
    is trading the mind melter's ability to reroll traits when using psychic abilityiesand psionics worth gaining the artificer edge
    Last edited by Knight_General; 07-18-2019, 12:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Knight_General
    replied

things i want.

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    I'm thinking that the rules probably don't work the way you're describing, that what you're describing isn't rules legal, that it probably is powerfully game breaking.
    And now I'm wondering why you don't just play a Techno-Wizard with high Stealth and Fighting skills.

Leave a comment:

• Knight_General
    replied
    well currently i have been educated on how to break them down into number of advances. which seems to work just fine when basing an Iconic Framework of of that because you want to have one of the special abilities of the Framework. right now the problem i am having is trying to make a variant of the gadgeteer edge (similar to what the techno-wizard has). i know that re-naming is an option for this system but i just want to make sure that i am increasing the power level by doing so.

during the break downprocess that i learned the techno-wizard has the equivelant of 11 advances in power, this includes the variants. so what i want to do is use that to create a ninja that mystically empoers his gear using the same rulles as the techno-wizard. any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    i had though about it but i guess iam so new that i don't understand certain things in regards to creating custom stuff. i tend to jump off the deep end too early
    The existing Iconic Frameworks are pretty versatile. Not as versatile as they once were, but versatile. Each one encompasses a wide variety of characters, archetypes, and OCCs from palladium material, by careful choices of Edges, Powers, and equipment.

It's a tricky dynamic to get used to, when coming from more rigid class-based rule sets. But you do get used to it.
    One creative exercise that I've found to work is to come up with a bunch of cool character ideas and try to build them with only existing mechanics. This is a great way to learn the freedom and limitations of the existing material. It doesn't work for everyone, but it usually has good results.

Leave a comment:

• Fraser
    replied
    I'm not familiar with the PS game referenced....

But Have you concidered taking a look at the Sunaj Assassin (It was in the Last Rifts GM materials) We know it will be in the new books. It is an Assassin From Atlantis that uses Tattoo magic to buff powers ect. Might be worth looking at it. (And a Palladium copy of World Book Atlantis if possible)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X