X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raikenclw
    commented on 's reply
    RoD could represent that old movie staple of shooting multiple arrows with one pull of the bowstring.

An extreme example: https://freedvdcover.com/wp-content/...-in-tights.jpg

• DoctorBoson
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, Rain of Death is a single archer doing suppression rather than an entire unit. I'm personally far more inclined to accept the WWR Volley Fire Setting Rule than RoD—the thing that makes Volley Fire effective is that the arrows are being fired simultaneously rather than being staggered (roughly a second between every shot due to 6-second rounds). But for a fantasy or supers game where the GM really wants to push the player power level, it's a fun option to allow.

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    Rain of Death is for letting a SINGLE CHARACTER pull off "Volley fire".

• Pivi
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorBoson View Post
    Edges, New
    New Edges: (...) Rain of Death — Allowing characters with bows (...) to attempt to "suppress" an area using arrows.
    In Weird War: Roma, there is the "Volley fire" action to make a suppressive fire in Medium Burst Template by a group of archers. It's available for all Bowman without required Edge.

As it's a basic action for group of archers from always, I extended this at all my settings and allow this also for group of slingers as "stone rain" (refer to unit of Balearic slingers for sample).
    Last edited by Pivi; 09-29-2017, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorBoson
    replied
    Added a suggestion from the old forums about allowing Rapid Fire with bows

Leave a comment:

• lunchmoney
    commented on 's reply
    If you take the URLS on the links on the old post and swap www for archive it works. For example https://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=192087#192087 to http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopi...=192087#192087

edit: And I see you edited that in as well. Ninja'd
    I was typing whilst at work and being distracted. It took a long time to actually complete my post, and see your full post. I feel stoooopid now
    Last edited by lunchmoney; 08-10-2017, 09:03 AM.

• DoctorBoson
    replied
    Hmm... that's a good point. I'm kind of considering taking the links from the original post, fixing them, and reposting them here for ease of access.

Leave a comment:

• ethicalcrackpot
    replied
    All the links in that topic on the old forum are dead. There are a lot of really interesting sounding topics in there.

Edit: if you edit the "www" in the URLs to "archive", the links work
    Last edited by ethicalcrackpot; 08-09-2017, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorBoson
    replied
    - Reserved, since I don't know the character limit on the new forums or how large this thread might eventually grow to -

Leave a comment:

• DoctorBoson
    started a topic Collected: Clint's insights and options

Collected: Clint's insights and options

There was a thread on the original PEG Forums that kept track of Clint's posts regarding design philosophy, trapping advice, variant rules and options, and more. It was a fantastic thread that allowed for new forum members to come through and understand the design principles behind Savage Worlds or find official insight or options as to how to handle certain situations while staying within a balanced framework. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since 2010, and there's been a lot of insights and design ideology shifts since then, so I'd like to try and revive that project here.

This is gonna try and stay on top of the new posts that make their way onto the forums, as well as going through Archived forum posts (that didn't appear in the original list) and posts from other sites like Reddit. I hope I can keep this as well-organized as the last thread. If you have any old bookmarks from the old PEG forums about this stuff, or spot some Clint wisdom that goes beyond simple rules clarification (ala "how does movement on Difficult Ground work?" or "do Parry bonuses from shields and rapiers stack?"), feel free to post links to them below and I'll try and add them into the main post here.

Edges, New
    New Edges: Fourth Awakened — Allowing characters with four arms to utilize their fourth arm independently.

New Edges: Flurry of Arrows, Improved Flurry of Arrows, Rain of Death — Allowing characters with bows to use the Rapid Fire maneuver, and maybe even to attempt to "suppress" an area using arrows. Good for fantasy or some supers games.

Combat Adjudication/Situational Advice
    Considering multiple raises when hit — There are sometimes complaints that it can be disappointing to roll absurdly high to hit something, and then absurdly low when rolling damage. Rolling an extra +1d6 for every raise is pure overkill, so here are some options to avoid that feeling.

Quickly determining "shield facing" rules — This is particularly interesting, as shield facing is something that's typically ignored; this helps make shields less powerful than "sacrifice one hand to gain the Block Edge."

Common Rules Clarifications
    Incapacitation doesn't necessarily mean unconscious — Many people, especially those coming from that other system, will likely have the notion that going Incapaciated means you're automatically unconscious, but that's not necessarily true. They're still equally useless, but at the GM's discretion they can be knocked out or able to see, hear, and feel whatever carnage is occurring around them.
    Last edited by DoctorBoson; 10-27-2018, 08:55 PM.
Working...
X