Vehicle armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle armor

Here's a thought about vehicle armor. Instead of separate armor facings, and potential arguments about which to use when the turret is rotated, what are your thoughts about just using the side armor value and applying The Drop when the attack comes from a better angle/weaker facing? Is the +d6('cause the +4 is probably going to result in raise anyway)+4 damage enough to compensate for half or less the side armor rating?

No, it's not.

It's not a bad idea, but the current rules are vastly more rewarding to attacks from the rear / top / bottom.
    The armor is Front / Sides / Rear. It's generally understood that the Rear armor applies to the top and bottom when relevant.
    I'm not sure how that's causing arguments just because the turret rotated. Unless the attacker is doing a called shot on the turret, it doesn't affect the relevant Toughness. If they are shooting a turret, then someone has been paying attention to where the turret is pointing; good for them!
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by paladin2019 View Post
      . . . and potential arguments about which to use when the turret is rotated . . .
      I can see arguments arising when players assume one armor aspect is facing their weapon (or vice versa) and the GM says different. But this seems to be a problem with establishing trust between players and GM, rather than an issue to be resolved with game mechanics.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        It's all irrelevant with the v4+ rules.
        Vehicles no longer have varying armor levels - vehicles have a single Toughness and Armor, but attacks against the rear or sides get +1 weapon damage die.

There could still be disagreement as to which vehicle face is pointed where and thus whether or not that "+1 weapon damage die" applies to the relevant attack. That's why I tend to prefer using miniatures and maps, rather than conducting combat "in head." Your head might not contain the same picture as my head!

Comment

• DoctorBoson
        DoctorBoson commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what GM's exist for!

Like I said, it depends on the level of trust between GM and players. I have experienced both GMs and players whose memories can be amazingly flexible.

Comment

Working...
      X