No announcement yet.

Saga of the Goblin Horde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year, Deskepticon released a One Sheet for Saga of the Goblin Horde. With his permission, I've now given it the official trade dress, and re-released it on DriveThruRPG. You can download it here:

Blood Rapids Run

Note that the Configurable Map has also been updated to include travel routes for both Jumping the Bearsharktopus and Blood Rapids Run.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BloodRapidsRun.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	10549
    My blog: Savage Stuff. I've also written some free tools and supplements.

Comment

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooo, shiny!
      Thank you, once again.

Saga of the Goblin Horde has been nominated for "Best Free Game" in the 2018 Ennies!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EnniesBanner.png
Views:	154
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	10641

Comment

She's small, she's cute, she's psychotic...she's the Goblin Princess!

Name:	SotGH_Goblin_Princess.png
Views:	152
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	10750

Comment

Saga of the Goblin Horde has won the 2018 Silver ENnie for Best Free Game!

Name:	ENnie_Awards.png
Views:	152
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	11077

Comment

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!

• Zadmar
          Zadmar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks

• dentris
          dentris commented
          Editing a comment
          Grats

I ordered some new Wild Dice for Saga of the Goblin Horde, this time from Chessex! Read more on my blog here.

Name:	5dice.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	12335

Comment

Hey, Zadmar. Will you be updating SotGH for SWADE (Athletics skill instead of Swimming/Climbing/etc., rebalanced racial abilities and edges from Flash Gordon, etc.)? I'm also curious if you're planning to revise some of the ability values in Savage Abilities, Savage Beasts, etc. with regards to the previewed race-creation changes (Size is a +1 racial ability, Burrowing is +1, etc.).

Also, do you have a SotGH character sheet or thoughts about making one? I'd love to see one with the font and styling from the book, along with stat cards for gang members, swamp rats, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelDawn View Post
            Hey, Zadmar. Will you be updating SotGH for SWADE (Athletics skill instead of Swimming/Climbing/etc., rebalanced racial abilities and edges from Flash Gordon, etc.)?
            I'll probably offer an "Adventurer's Edition" on SWAG, once SWADE has been released and I've had the chance to familiarize myself with the new changes (I didn't back Flash Gordon). It'll be updated to use the new rules, and will contain additional content.

I'm also curious if you're planning to revise some of the ability values in Savage Abilities, Savage Beasts, etc. with regards to the previewed race-creation changes (Size is a +1 racial ability, Burrowing is +1, etc.).
            Unlikely. The SFC already used those racial values, and I have some issues with them. Savage Abilities uses my own pricing system, which falls somewhere between the old and new costs, and is based on extensive number-crunching using my combat simulator.

Also, do you have a SotGH character sheet or thoughts about making one? I'd love to see one with the font and styling from the book, along with stat cards for gang members, swamp rats, etc?
            It's definitely planned (and has been for a while), I just haven't decided what sort of layout I'd like to use.

Comment

• Deskepticon
              Deskepticon commented
              Editing a comment
              dentris Yeah. The Size ability is fine at being worth +/-1 point per step, but the "automatic" Small/Large/Huge designators skew all sense of balance.

Like you said, being Small/Tiny has increasingly better benefits, and being Large/Huge has increasingly diminishing returns.

The "Size Descriptor" features really should be valued separately from Size itself.

• MichaelDawn
              MichaelDawn commented
              Editing a comment
              Flash Gordon actually strips down the Small/Large/Huge abilities to only include the effect on an attacker's roll. Big creatures no longer suffer a penalty to hit human sized targets and small creatures no longer get a bonus to hit. So those abilities have been simplified a bit, making large creatures better and small creatures a bit weaker.
              Last edited by MichaelDawn; 10-05-2018, 04:28 PM.

• SteelDraco
              SteelDraco commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds like a fine change to the size rules then. Looking forward to it.

Mr. Mean takes a look at the Saga of the Goblin Horde Countdown Deck.

Comment

Manuel Sambs of Veiled Fury Entertainment has created a video review of my Countdown Decks.

Comment

A couple of years ago, a goblin crew hijacked a flying sleigh belonging to a mysterious red-robed sorcerer, and unceremoniously tossed him overboard. The jolly fellow was dashed upon the mountains below, leaving nothing but a stain to mark his passing.

A few days ago, a dyslexic human witch accidentally brought the red-robed sorcerer back from the afterlife while attempting to summon the devil. After breaking free from the ritual and killing the witch, the sorcerer headed west into the goblin lands, seeking revenge!

An Axe to Grind

Name:	261856.png
Views:	163
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	15660

Comment

Wow, Zadmar, I've seen some good fan products in the past, but not a lot that can be confused for official products.

Great work!

Comment

• Zadmar
                    Zadmar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! Although to be fair, the fan and official licenses only really differ when it comes to commercial use. It’s become so easy to self-publish that the line between the two has blurred a lot in recent years.

Simply amazing work,and wayyyyy above the regular Fan project.
                  Any Chance for a SWADE conversion File? ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Felix 987653 View Post
                    Simply amazing work,and wayyyyy above the regular Fan project.
                    Any Chance for a SWADE conversion File? ^^
                    Thanks! I'm actually planning to release an updated SWADE version on SWAG at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zadmar View Post
                      Thanks! I'm actually planning to release an updated SWADE version on SWAG at some point.
                      Amazing! I love your books and was looking to switch to SWADE. Don't think wold be to hard for this setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zadmar View Post
                        Releasing next week, you say? Already at the printers, you say?

Fantastic, glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                        X