Something I wish would get an update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I wish would get an update.

I was going through the Sci Fi Toolkit which I was lucky enough to get before it was removed. I never paid much attention to the Bestiary, but man! It had a random creature generator! That’s a great idea, especially if you are trying to populate a galaxy with wildlife. It’s a bit dated, but it’s something I hope will get an update and rerelease.

What would you like to see get an update and rerelease?

I don't think we've seen Pinnacle release a vehicles-as-characters rules set yet, which is a shame. It's a great concept, but as far as I know it's only showed up in fan stuff so far.

I would also like to see a redo of the vehicle rules. My big issue is scale; there should be a difference between vehicle scales and PC scale. Vehicles moving 50" on a tabletop doesn't work. I think it would be nice to have vehicle rules in between the PC-scale rules and the chase rules.

Comment

I remember a "Vehicle-as-Character" something for naval ships in a game, but I can't remember which one. Basically, they had special Edges and Hindrances to help give them some "personality." But I don't think that's what you're looking for. Then again, the Millenium Falcon is a temperamental old bird with three droid brains.

Comment

Marcus Burggraf's Savage Space had a Starships as Characters section, and someone else recently released a Vehicles as Characters PDF that was pretty good, but the document itself is not credited (I want to say it was Vinzent though).

Comment

• Vinzent
          Vinzent commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup it was me. I haven’t taken it any further though.

Originally posted by Jounichi View Post
        I remember a "Vehicle-as-Character" something for naval ships in a game, but I can't remember which one. Basically, they had special Edges and Hindrances to help give them some "personality." But I don't think that's what you're looking for. Then again, the Millenium Falcon is a temperamental old bird with three droid brains.
        I believe that was Pirates of the Spanish Main.

Comment

Working...
        X