New Regeneration Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Regeneration Power

So I've been thinking about how to implement a Regeneration type power using the Core rules. I figure the power would grant a target a Natural Healing roll every round. The Rank would be Veteran, it would cost 4 PP, last for 3 rounds (or 5 if that becomes the new standard w/Black) and cost 2 PP to maintain. Any thoughts? Does this seem balanced?
    Last edited by Brickulos; 02-28-2018, 01:59 AM.

This power would have to compete with healing, so it seems a bit expensive. You can cast it preemptively, which is great, but the quality of your casting has no effect on the quality of your healing, it costs more than healing, it has as high a rank as greater healing, and you haven't listed a duration .

How does it affect permanent or temporary injuries?
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I fixed the omission about duration, thanks.

So maybe it should be Seasoned instead, and you gain +2 to Natural Healing rolls with a Raise?

As to injuries, I'd say the power has no effect on them.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think it affected injuries, but folks have odd assumptions about "Regeneration" powers. It seemed worth asking.

Dropping it to Seasoned rank is probably the right call. It's generally better than healing but not as awesome (or expensive) as greater healing.
        The +2 is debatable. Not all powers have a Raise effect (warrior's gift and fly are two examples) and natural healing rolls in combat are relatively easy - you're just worried about the wound penalties and Fatigue on the rare occasions it happens - so I'm inclined to drop that suggestion. ... Though it's possible my own fatigue is affecting my judgement.

I'm certainly curious to hear any play test experience you get with it.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Cool, now I just need to convince a player to take it

Comment

Working...
          X