No announcement yet.

PDF if I bought physical book at FLGS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF if I bought physical book at FLGS?

i see that if I buy a physical rulebook from Pinnacle, I get the PDF for free. I recently bought the SW main rulebook at my local game shop. Is there a way for me to get the PDF for free (or at a discount?)

While some companies offer a free PDF for any physical purchase Pinnacle is not one of them (unless something has changed very recently).

Comment

Originally posted by Strider72 View Post
      i see that if I buy a physical rulebook from Pinnacle, I get the PDF for free. I recently bought the SW main rulebook at my local game shop. Is there a way for me to get the PDF for free (or at a discount?)
      Generally, questions of this type are best answered by contacting PEG directly.
      The usual sacrificial e-mail is site.admin@peginc.com and the correct someone will see it and answer your question.

To my knowledge, PEG does not provide pdf support for FLGS purchases. They'd like to (which makes sense; many of them have owned or run a brick and mortar gaming store) but the logistics are reputed to be a real problem. Still, you may get a happy response.

Good luck!
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

*Ahem* http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=50967

Money Quote:
        Originally posted by Jodi
        Second, we can give PDF copies for books bought at a store, but there are limitations. You must email me a photo or scan of the receipt showing the store name and item, and tell me the email address you use with the PEGinc store (not the forums; they're hosted separately). I'll put the PDF in your account so you can download it. We cannot deliver these PDFs through DriveThru or any other method.

My email is PEGJodi@gmail.com
        I knew this because I did it for a few books awhile ago--it's how I got pdfs of the Horror and Sci-Fi Companions.

As far as I know, this hasn't changed.

Comment

Dang it. I picked up DLN, ETA and DoH a few months ago, but doubt I saved the receipt.

Comment

Talk to your FLGS and see if they are willing to "recreate" a receipt. Most of the time they have no issue with this as this will give others a reason to shop local.
            I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

Working...
            X