Concealing weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealing weapons?

Does anyone know of any rules concealing weapons?

I figure it'd be an opposed Notice vs Stealth roll, with modifiers for weapon size, material the weapon is made of, clothing type, detection technology (varying from modern detection wands, metal detectors, more advanced air port security devices, and sci fi type detection devices).

I'm tempted to work something up myself but don't want to if someone already has.

You pretty much nailed it.

There aren't any extensive concealing rules that I'm aware of, so if you want to try your hand at it I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

A couple tips I can offer:
    • Pat-downs should provide a bonus to the Notice roll versus Stealth.
    • MADs (Magnetic Anomoly Detectors) will generally always locate ferrous material. Plastic composites can trick these scans.
    • Full body (x-ray) scans will "outline" conspicuous objects. Camouflaged/disguised weapons would help here (i.e., 007's laser pen).

Comment

If the core rules do eventually go full Thievery (see this thread) then it would be Notice versus Thievery. Until that happens, Stealth is a great choice, though Lockpicking can make an argument, and creative players can often justify less common Skills.
      Situational modifiers are, as always, up to the GM, but the concealable design of a weapon, concealing equipment (holsters, hidden pockets, etc.), detection tools, and detection techniques should all have a large impact.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
      X