FC 1.3: Observer Gemstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC 1.3: Observer Gemstones

So, I was scrolling through the Fantasy Companion and came across the Observer in the bestiary (p.219). I was wondering how the Gemstones ability is supposed to work. It says it can use up to four gemstones per turn which are activated via spellcasting. Is each of those a separate action (which would limit it to 3)? Or is it one action to activate all 4?

As Written: Each is a separate action, and the Observer has no ability to take more than 3 Actions.
    Reading Between the Lines: The Gemstones ability reads as if it was meant to work like the Tentacles ability, allowing multiple interactions as a single Action. This would explain how the "up to four gemstones each turn" clause could possibly be relevant. If Gemstones works that way, then the synergy with Tentacles would allow an Observer to fight up to six characters simultaneously with just 2 MAP. Speed with Quickness could eliminate that entirely, making it a serious solo boss fight.

Note that the Observer has errors. Ex: The Toughness should be 11 (1), not the listed 10; thanks Armor +1.
    It is entirely possible that the unique Gemstones ability is also erroneous.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
    X