five rounds. This includes invisible foes,
    enchantments on people or items, and so
    on. With a raise, the caster knows the type
    of enchantment as well.
    When used on a supernatural creature,
    the caster learns its active powers and
    arcane abilities.

Questions:

So AB people can sense magical or divine auras within 10 yards. Does that include other people with AB backgrounds? What has a magical or divine aura? Just a magical item made by a cleric or other caster? Or the caster themselves?

When using Detect arcana on a supernatural creature the caster of the Detect Arcana learns its active powers AND arcane abilities? Does that mean you learn its power list?
    Is a person with an AB background also a supernatural creature? (humans elves, dwarves, Shapeshifter etc) What does a Detect Arcana reveal about a caster when you use the Power on them?

What Arcane abilities are revealed? just the Powers? What about Edges like rapid recharge or Arcane Resistance, or Blood Magic? Is the presence of Lycanthropy a Supernatural or arcane ability?

Answers will vary by setting, but generally:
    So AB people can sense magical or divine auras within 10 yards. Does that include other people with AB backgrounds? What has a magical or divine aura? Just a magical item made by a cleric or other caster? Or the caster themselves?
    Yes, that will include characters with AB. Objects, creatures, and characters could all have such auras.

When using Detect arcana on a supernatural creature the caster of the Detect Arcana learns its active powers AND arcane abilities?
    Yes. So, that dragon can breathe fire and has a power that traps victims in stone (entangle).
    Does that mean you learn its power list?
    Probably not. For a creature, you'd learn which powers it has access to. For a character, you might learn how many powers it has, but probably not what those powers are.
    Is a person with an AB background also a supernatural creature?
    Usually not, but some settings say otherwise.

What Arcane abilities are revealed? just the Powers? What about Edges like rapid recharge or Arcane Resistance, or Blood Magic? Is the presence of Lycanthropy a Supernatural or arcane ability?
    All arcane abilities. Edges are not Arcane Abilities. Supernatural curses may be arcane abilities (setting dependent).
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

As Valhalla said, lot of the answers will vary based on the setting. Some settings might give mages and other "awakened" critters an aura, meaning the power could detect them. Other settings would treat magic like a science, performable by anyone who knows the right formulae, in which case the caster themself is not magical.

Originally posted by Psitraveller View Post
      When using Detect arcana on a supernatural creature the caster of the Detect Arcana learns its active powers AND arcane abilities? Does that mean you learn its power list?
      I think this is a issue with the particular grammar. To my understanding, "active" is the adjective for both powers AND arcane abilities. So detect arcana wouldn't reveal powers lists or Edges, only ACTIVE magic and effects.

Again, the nuances would vary by setting, but I'm concerned that too broad of an interpretation makes the power more powerful than it probably should be. It already does a bunch of stuff without trying to "read into" the language.

Comment

I disagree that having an AB makes one a supernatural person, but otherwise what VahallaGH said.

Comment

Working...
        X