Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUCH EXCITE = Fantasy Companion!!!

Fantastic! Its finally here! All in!

For those who are not paying attention, Nostromo is talking about this announcement about the April campaign for the Fantasy Companion.

It is not available yet.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

At last! Very curious to see how it stacks up against SWPF, and where it diverges.

Now, how long before the Horror Companion Gamechanger Campaign?

Comment

PEGShane any chance you can have someone start a thread here on the boards for updates during the crowdfund campaign? I've heard some say not everyone uses Facebook and wishes there were another source for updates. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Radecliffe View Post
          PEGShane any chance you can have someone start a thread here on the boards for updates during the crowdfund campaign? I've heard some say not everyone uses Facebook and wishes there were another source for updates. Thanks!
          That would be great. As much as I’m excited for this, I’m not joining Facebook for it .

Comment

Originally posted by Radecliffe View Post
            Yes,
            Even if it is read only it would be nice to have a single point of reference for updates so we can be informed on progress and updates. Like with Go Fund Me and Kickstarter.

Comment

You'll be able to go to the Updates tab on the GameChanger page when it is live, just like you would on a Kickstarter. I think the thing folks referenced about getting news on Facebook was when Shane posted on his own page that something was delayed because of some personal things going on. Following Shane on Facebook is how to get the inside baseball info; we're generally not going to post things like that on an official update no matter what platform it is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Schepis View Post
                You'll be able to go to the Updates tab on the GameChanger page when it is live, just like you would on a Kickstarter. I think the thing folks referenced about getting news on Facebook was when Shane posted on his own page that something was delayed because of some personal things going on. Following Shane on Facebook is how to get the inside baseball info; we're generally not going to post things like that on an official update no matter what platform it is on.
                You can subscribe to a forum topic to be notified when updates are posted. I don't think you can do that over on the Updates tab on the GameChanger page as far as I know anyway. That's why I was asking about this.

Comment

• Donald Schepis
                  Donald Schepis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The problem during SPC was the mass email system was broken, so it wasn't sending out emails to backers when we posted one. That's fixed now, so folks will get their emails. I think if you opt-out of emails from the main PEG site, however, we can't forcibly opt you in just for the GameChanger, but I'll check with our web team to see if we can make that a separate line in the email opt-in thing.

Donald Schepis Well that's a horse of a different color. I will spread the word.

Comment

MUCH AROUSE = Jennifer Aniston!!!

Wow, feels good to get that out there.

Anyway, much excite = fantasy companion also, looking forward to the interminable wait for a physical product after backing the crowdfunding campaign.

Comment

Mostly I'm just excited about this because it means there will shortly be one less companion between me and the Science Fiction Companion.

Comment

• SeeleyOne
                      SeeleyOne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That one can really benefit from the play testing and feedback. I look forward to the newer version.

I am hopeful. Savage Worlds has evolved over the years and much has changed since the first edition of the Fantasy Companion.

Comment

• Deskepticon
                      Deskepticon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed! Power modifiers alone have proven to be able to scale and capture that high-fantasy feel better than anything else in Savage Worlds' history.

Im really looking forward for this one. I hope it will be a toolbox to help create campaigns and worlds as well as guidelines how to create magical items.

Comment

I just hope it sells well, so they can stay encouraged and keep pumping out books. I know the scope of Fantasy Companion will be much broader, but I think there may be some reduction in its appeal to some people because of how good Pathfinder was. People feeling satisfied with Pathfinder may not consider the value of Fantasy Companion.

My target of what Companion I want seems to change day by day, the Horror Companion is still top of my list. But I feel like I will likely be taking elements from multiple companions for many games. Fantasy has been a core in RPGs since the 70s before I was born. So pretty much no matter what genre I am in, I think there will be ideas to take from it.

Comment

While I’m burned out on Fantasy and am more looking forward to the SFC, critters from a Bestiary and magic items/relics can always be reskinned easily for other genres.

Comment

Working...
                        X