Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPC3 - Switchable - What action is required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I'd only use Limitation if just two or three powers are affected. Anything more and Power Sets is probably the better option.

• Freemage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    I would just take two different powers, each with a custom Limitation: "cannot be used in same round as [insert power(s)]."
    This is useful for fast change-ups (since no action/roll needed to change between the Powers). I suspect that at higher power tiers, Power Sets (and just making sure both Sets have Super-Skill: Focus sufficient to give you a d12+2) would be the better option.

Leave a comment:

• Techogre
    replied
    Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    I would just take two different powers, each with a custom Limitation: "cannot be used in same round as [insert power(s)]."
    Works for me!

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    enmel

• enmel
    commented on 's reply
    Big brain! (Y) That is nice

• Deskepticon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChoTimberwolf
    replied
    Switchable is only for different versions of the same power. Switching between different powers is simply taking several powers or using power sets

Leave a comment:

• enmel
    replied
    How about:

Requires an Action
    Requires an Entire turn

Leave a comment:

• Techogre
    started a topic SPC3 - Switchable - What action is required?

SPC3 - Switchable - What action is required?

Using the Switchable (+1) modifier, what action is required to switch? RAW seems to imply a free action to switch, but it's not spelt out.

What about something that lets you switch between two different powers altogether. For example, a power armour user with a super chest beam that, when used, redirects all that power from the servos to the beam. Basically, you would have to choose between using super strength and ranged attack, maybe requiring a limited free action to switch?. Maybe a whole action?

A modified version of Switchable? Something like this:
    Switchable (+1 to +4)
    +1 - Switch between two versions of the same power. Requires a Limited Free Action to switch.
    +2 - Switch between two versions of the same power. Requires a Free Action to switch.
    +2 - Switch between two completely different powers. Requires a Limited Action to switch.
    +3 - Switch between two completely different powers. Requires a Limited Free Action to switch.
    +4 - Switch between two completely different powers. Requires a Free Action to switch.

Working...
X