New Savage Worlds edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Savage Worlds edition?

I've heard that a new Savage Worlds edition or printing will be Kickstarted sometime in 2018. Anyone happen to have heard any rumours or news about this?

Not a rumor. Check the latest announcement to see it is mostly fact.

However they're is no mention of Kickstarter, that i caught, only saying Savage Worlds Black Edition is coming and Fantasy and Horror Companions will be updated also.

If they kickstart they will make that a future announcement.

Comment

You might want to take a look at one of DMbobby 's latest videos and the replies on youtube...

Comment

• DMbobby
        DMbobby commented
        Editing a comment
        If you've been looking for the "New Core Rules" from Flash Gordon that give a sneak at the new edition of Savage Worlds I cover them right here

Thanks Matchstickman

Comment

Thanks for the link! Definitely agree with the suggested changes in the video.

​​​​​​I'm looking forward to seeing the new trick and test of wills rules in Flash Gordon.
        Last edited by Shoggoth; 01-03-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I already really like this system. So more stuff the better!

I do hope this time around that there is less reprints in updated supplements and that there is some scaling (not 4s) for wounds in higher toughness/damages for more high power stuff like supers or wealthy sci-fi characters. Like if I have 60 toughness and do 10d10 damage, I wouldn't want a 76 one shoting that character.

Our group is running things "as is" for now, but we've been toying with a house rule that the wound threshold after shaken would be 1/5th of toughness or 4 (whatever is higher).

Comment

Yeah that's a good point. The math breaks down when we're dealing with very high damage and toughness characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
              Yeah that's a good point. The math breaks down when we're dealing with very high damage and toughness characters.
              And with the exceptions of Savage Rifts and the Super Powers Companion, Savage Worlds doesn't commonly deal in very large numbers. A great example of how it does handle such numbers is in the Science Fiction Companion, specifically the compartmentalization rules for Walkers and Space Ships. Keeping the math working is probably only one of those reasons.
              If you're holding out hope for alternate Toughness rules in the new Core Rules then you're probably going to be very disappointed.
              I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

If they were going to present us with alternate Toughness rules for supers games, they'd have done so in the SPC. That being said, 76 damage is going to one-shot anyone. The highest a Four Color super can raise their Toughness (sans Best There Is or Legendary Edges) is 46(20). Unless I missed something that's a d12+7 (super) Vigor, maxed armor and toughness, +5 steps in size to make them Large, and Brawny. So a whopping 76 damage is going to inflict effectively seven wounds. On the flip side, this super is going to soak an average of three rolls each time s/he rolls. And with Elan and Take The Hit, that average goes up to four wounds.

So, as nuts as this might seem, it's perfectly survivable. And with Super Karma, there are still six power points to play around with. Still, anyone who rolls that high on damage deserves to have something awesome happen. Don't forget that 76 damage is going to cause some stellar knockback.

Comment

I want to See Clint make the following official
                  Castle and fortified walls are officially Heavy
                  Dragons are officially heavy
                  Expanded Strength Table introduced into Core book
                  Earth Elementals given ability to inflict heavy damage
                  Fire Elementals burst template considered officially heavy.

Otherwise I like a lot of the ideas he has in the link.

Comment

I don't like making all dragons have Heavy Armor; it means that normal adventurers would need siege weaponry to do anything to it. Unless you're saying heavy weapons, that I'm okay with. In that same vein, I don't think Fire Elementals need heavy weapon damage either—they spew normal fire, they couldn't burn through a tank chassis or into a fortified castle throne room.
                    Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Comment

I'm honestly a little excited about the future Deadlands revisions. After seeing the Kung Fu Edge in Noir and Hell on Earth, and with the more recent T6G, I'm curious how martial arts might get tweaked.

Comment

Eh eh eh... Time for a "wish list" of changes?
                        "Balance is the key, Trapping is the word." - - Lord Lance

Proud reviser of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY

Comment

Originally posted by Ndreare View Post
                          Castle and fortified walls are officially Heavy
                          Making it follow the Breaking Objects rules, with Toughness 25 or so, has a similar effect.
                          Originally posted by Ndreare
                          Dragons are officially heavy
                          Why? So they can't be killed except by casters with burst and blast? Or modern characters with anti-tank rockets?
                          Expanded Strength Table introduced into Core book
                          The one that exists solely for settings where people can have the strength to throw tanks? Not seeing how that's an improvement on the existing strength and lifting rules.
                          Earth Elementals given ability to inflict heavy damage
                          Not sure what, if anything, this would add to the game. Sure, they can now cave in a Bradley IFV, but a d6+d12+3 Heavy Weapon isn't much more impressive, and no more effective, than d6+d12+3 regular damage. So, I wonder why you see this as necessary?
                          Fire Elementals burst template considered officially heavy.
                          This one makes sense, since their fire blast is essentially the burst power, and this change would make it an even closer parallel.

I am really curious to see what they do with Tricks and Tests of Will.
                          The Parry penalty always seemed pretty great to me, so I'm not sure if Tricks need a boost; just having an Edge available to make them viable every round is enough to ensure someone is using them constantly.
                          Tests of Will need a change, and I'm curious what it will be. Other than building tension, I don't really see a reason to use them in games.
                          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Lord Lance
                            Lord Lance commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I remember in old Whispers from the Pit an article about expanded tricks and ToW. They gave an alternative mechanical effect the players could choose (Aldo I saw it reprised in some setting too,Beast and Barbarians for sure). This can give additional options and it doesn't burden the system.

• Ndreare
                            Ndreare commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Because IMO

Dragons should not be wounded by lucky shots worth d4 weapons.

Earth elementals should be able to rend steel and haber a chance of breaking or damaging large vehicles.

Note these are my wishlist items. So eben if not done officially, I still do them when I GM.

PS: The improved race creation rules from SFC replace the ones in SWD would be awesome too.

• ValhallaGH
                            ValhallaGH commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So a dagger maser master assassin can't seriously injure a dragon, in your opinion? Fair enough. I disagree, but I'm happy to live and let live.

Earth elementals can already rend steel and break large vehicles. Steel isn't innately Heavy Armor. They can break most large vehicle - such as tractor trailers, dump trucks, and jumbo jets - just not military grade large vehicles.

Dragons shouldn't be killable without a magic sword or a called shot to that one spot where a scale is missing.

Comment

• Lord Lance
                            Lord Lance commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, in "standard" fantasy those are exactly the methods the heroes need, to kill the dragon.
                        Working...
                        X