SPC 3 Super Sorcery Nerf/Enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPC 3 Super Sorcery Nerf/Enhancement

I really like what they did with Super Sorcery, especially the removal of backlash as an assumed effect.

I feel like this makes it so characters with this power will be more willingly accepted by GMs and players.

Arguably the old Super Power Companion's Super Sorcery was a bit overpowered, even though it had rather brutal backlash. I think the way it is now is fine, really gives you some versatility in exchange for a benny!

Comment

I think the old style Super Sorcery could have had the backlash removed and price adjusted to 3 points per level. (Thinking of it from a Hero System point of view). It was my favorite of powers, because I always liked choice more than raw power.

But this way works really well and will be less intimidating to others. The one thing I would have liked to have seen would have been a way to earn bennies to use for those power stunts. Limited to 3 times a night for games with GMs who do not like to share bennies could be sad. Especially if you are in combat and expect a potential wound.

Comment

Super Sorcery is only one of 3 powers generally so you can have some firebolt as a cantrip to use to safe bennies. I think its good that it is restricted to only a few uses it is super flexible and could steal the spotlight of other players if its too cheap to use

Comment

Originally posted by ChoTimberwolf View Post
          Super Sorcery is only one of 3 powers generally so you can have some firebolt as a cantrip to use to safe bennies. I think its good that it is restricted to only a few uses it is super flexible and could steal the spotlight of other players if its too cheap to use
          I was thinking of combining it with Energy Control (Magic) and Matter Control to generate all manor of cantrips without using bennies.

Comment

Depending on draw luck, SWADE adds that all player characters receive a Benny whenever one draws a joker. This is because some gm's forget to give bennies. They are meant to be used and rewarded, so a joker heavy night gives a little more action to the characters instead of them hoarding them for soaking and in the past, re-rolling crits, now not possible. Which sucks for me since dice hate me and I'll roll critical failures 2+ times a session.

Comment

Working...
            X