Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadArchivist
    commented on 's reply
    Given that the Healing skill has to do with medical knowledge, not mystical healing, the Healer edge specifically pointing out magical healing would imply that it adds to any kind of roll made to improve a being’s health. Especially since it is in the Weird Edges section.

• paladin2019
    commented on 's reply
    It's not healing rolls, it's Healing rolls. That syntax has a specific meaning, namely using the Healing skill. The Powers healing and relief aren't usually resolved with that skill. That's what's written. That the answer to the official ruling didn't address the proposition that Healer [edit] works with healing tells us the intent pretty clearly.
    Last edited by paladin2019; 09-24-2021, 03:01 PM.

• Ndreare
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure how it would not apply to the healing power when it even says in it "all healing rolls natural or magical". I mean what other magical healing is there?

• steelbrok
    replied
    Clint rules that Healer did apply to use of the healing power.

Leave a comment:

• paladin2019
    replied
    There is also the strong argument that Healer doesn't apply to the activation of healing, either. "Healing roll", per the standard text, means rolling your Healing skill. Healing is resolved via your Arcane skill. There is every possibility that a specific thing will provide magical healing via the Healing skill (a poultice that allows healing after the golden hour and the use is resolved with a Healing roll, for example), but, by the strictest reading, healing isn't that.

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, after re-reading his post more thoroughly, I find myself agreeing with it. That's what I get for being in a hurry... I look dumb.

• MadArchivist
    replied
    Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    The Healer Edge got a bit of a nerf in SWADE, and while it's still very good, I might allow to apply to relief in some case.

However, that is not the Official ruling on the matter. On the other hand, Clint's reasoning for why the Healer Edge applies to resurrection seems tenuous at best.
    I think Clint’s argument for Healer affecting Resurrection is valid but i would say that logic could also be applied to Relief under certain circumstances like Bumps and Bruises.

Leave a comment:

• Ndreare
    replied
    Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    The Healer Edge got a bit of a nerf in SWADE, and while it's still very good, I might allow to apply to relief in some case.

However, that is not the Official ruling on the matter. On the other hand, Clint's reasoning for why the Healer Edge applies to resurrection seems tenuous at best.
    Dang it, I hate asking questions Clint has answered already. I looked through search with relief key word and did not find that previous answer.

Thank you for finding it, and I appreciate the your answer. I am still inclined to allow it as a GM for most the situations he mentioned. But would not and do not expect it as a player.

PS: If any PEG admins see this before Clint wastes his time answering something answered, I would love it if you deleted my question.
    Last edited by Ndreare; 09-22-2021, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    1) Not all the time. Some sources of Fatigue are immune to healing of any type. But for Fatigue that healing can help with (bumps & bruises, disease, poison, etc.) then Healer should apply to relief.
    2) It hasn't come up yet, so no data to share.
    3) See above.

Leave a comment:

• Montjoy
    replied
    I could certainly see both sides of the argument.
    It has never come up so I have never had to rule on it.
    That said, I would allow it.

Leave a comment:

• Ndreare
    started a topic Relief and the Healer edge

Relief and the Healer edge

I am just looking for abstract feedback here. For a RAW answer Clint will eventually give one.

The healer edge represents someone who has a natural talent for healing and I normally see Healing and Relief as the same power just divided for complexity. So while I am pretty much 100% certain rules as written Healer does not apply to the Relief power. As a GM I am inclined to just go with it and have allowed it in my Fantasy game.

What I am curious about is;
    1) Do people think Rules as Intended (not as written) Relief should be included in the Healer Edge?
    2) Have you allowed it as a Game Master, if so was there any kind of negative consequence?
    3) If you have not allowed it, have players asked for it?
Working...
X